Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » That guy i like

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That guy i like
miss ashli
Activist
Member # 5255

Icon 13 posted      Profile for miss ashli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, theres this guy i went out with back in february. and we just kind of broke up with each other. And about a week after we had broken up he said that he felt like he had done everything to keep us together, and i had gotten mad at him a lot [which i did not do.. its not like me to get mad...] and that i didnt ever call him..
But now i miss him.. and we always seem to stare at each other, and every time our eyes meet we end up smiling at each other or laughing. and [we always get put together when we have to work in groups in biology.] everytime we work togetehr we just sit & make little tiny comments at each other, and EVERYBODY just says "you 2 just need to go back out.... " and I just feel liek hes the perfect guy for me right now. [well... you know what i mean by perfect] And i also feel like we flirt a lot lot. I havent seen him be liek this with the other girls [in the class we have together.]
And i dont knwo what to do.. because about 5 seconds ago my friend imed him and asked if he liked me and he said "we broke up" and she siad "i know. does that mean you dont like her anymore?" and he said "not as a girlfriend. why?"
And i just have no idea what to do! Because he seemed to liek me, and everybody else thought he liked me.. and stuff. :-\ so what

------------------
*~*~*Ash*~*~*

Posts: 100 | From: US of A | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well i hate to tell you this, but if any of the things your ex-boyfriend said are true, and he believes they are, then he has good reason not to get back together with you. To him, you two being together obviously meant alot of work without much gratitude. He probably feels that being with you isn't what he needs right now, and although he might still have feelings for you, he has no plans of acting on them any time soon.
I would suggest if you really are interested in getting back together with this guy, you try to explain to him how much he means to you, and show him that he was wrong about thinking your relationship was one-sided.

------------------
"Everybody thinks i'm such a horrible person, but i have the heart of a little boy. In a jar. On my desk." -Stephen King

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss ashli
Activist
Member # 5255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss ashli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But will he EVER feel its what he needs? That stuff isnt true! I mean, he does have a busy life.. But i never got mad at him, and i did call him, and we still got to talk and he came over on valentines day [we broke up a litle after that]... and i am ssssooo very interested in trying to get back with him. And I just think about it so much. When i try to change my mind, i can actually FEEL thoughts of him just lurking back in my head.. and it just feels like its killing me... and I have no idea whta to say to him. We dont talk outside of school anymore.
Oh.. another thing he had said was that he couldnt see me out of school a whole lot unless i came to his house. and my parents dont allow me to go to my boyfriends house. And he acts like he thinks its something that HES done.. or something And its not, its just that [ok, really i dont know WHY they wont let me.......]
But it just.. argh, this is really getting to me. and i dont see him out of school [anymore] so i cant talk to him then.. the only time is online, and i do NOT want to do that. :-\ but I am soo interested in him.

------------------
*~*~*Ash*~*~*

[This message has been edited by miss ashli (edited 05-02-2002).]

Posts: 100 | From: US of A | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by miss ashli:
But will he EVER feel its what he needs?

Hon, we're not mind readers or fortunetellers. The only way you're going to find out what you want to know is by talking to this guy. Ask if you can go out for a soda and talk. Call him. Write him a note, even. The thing is, you've got to communicate directly with him. Asking everybody else but him (including us strangers who have never laid eyes on either him or you) is not going to get you the answers you'd like to have. Of course, talking to him might not either, but you'd stand a lot better chance.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss ashli
Activist
Member # 5255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss ashli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, i know.. I just meant.. is it even possible for a guy to change his mind about a girl who "isnt right" for him?
:-\. I just really wish i could figure it out! because today he was talking and laughing and all with me today.. i know a normal friend does that too.. but i didnt think they did it liek this.

------------------
*~*~*Ash*~*~*

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.