Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Crush

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crush
Fylgia
Neophyte
Member # 6868

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Fylgia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you know you have a crush? What is it supposed to feel like anyway? I have lots of guy friends (many *immature* people find this amusing and a point to annoy me on) and I like some of them better than others, but how do I know if I *like* them, or anyone?
Posts: 3 | From: Fremont, California, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think having a crush on someone is probably something that feels different for everybody. For me, it's seeing somebody and finding them attractive and wanting to be with them. My tummy flutters, and I practically find myself preening when I'm around that person.

*shhhhhhh* Don't tell anybody...but I've got a huge crush on my boyfriend. It's a secret, but I think he knows somehow.

I think you'll know when you're interested in somebody, so I wouldn't worry about sticking a label on it right now. There's nothing wrong with liking your friends to greater or lesser degrees. It'll happen when it happens.

------------------
~KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate

There's hair there for a reason!

"Never insult an alligator until after you've crossed the river." ~Oriental Proverb

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well for me, when I think about a guy none stop thats when I relise I have a crush on him and when he doesn't cross my mind more then twice I know the crush is over.

Crushes are a funny and fun thing. I enjoy them very much and seeing how far I can take them.

------------------
"I get on my broom and make the bad guys go BOOM!" ~ From the wise words of a thespian on Harry Potter

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a crush on this kid at my school. He had a mohawk but then he cut it off. I cant talk to him for the life of me, but hes cute. I think he would be interesting to know.
Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To me, crushing is one of the funnest things anyone can do.

I think it feels different to everyone. When I like someone, I just feel giddy and happy and say how darn cute they are and want to be around them and think about me with them and... ok, enough of me getting carried away. I was just thinking of my crush

Anyway, I think ya get the picture. Like Kitten said, you'll know when it happens and you don't need to put a label on it.

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.