Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » *Your Sweetest Compliments* (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: *Your Sweetest Compliments*
Just.Lil.Ole.Me
Activist
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just.Lil.Ole.Me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to put my 2 cents in on this one....

~One of my favorite things that some guys I know have said to me in the past goes something along the lines of, "God I wish I was 5 (6,7 and so on) years younger." I think thats so nice.

~Right in the middle of making love the other day my boyfriend slowly and softly said, "I love you." It was so romantic and I just melted in his arms.

----------------
Just.Lil.Ole.Me

Posts: 54 | From: Tampa | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 14 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best compliment I have ever got would have to be from a boy called Tom. He said to me: "I like nice strong girls with plenty of muscle." He wasn't joking either! That's the first time anyone has ever said anything nice about my muscles, (but I luv 'em!)
*lotsa hugs from da bajjah*

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heder
Activist
Member # 3532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of months ago, i was talking to a friend of mine in the French immerson program about how i wasn't really friends with anyone in her group. She told how one of her friends had said how they would turn around in english and see how i was always smiling, and how she thought that i was pretty. Always nice to hear.

------------------
I think this boy's cheese slid off his cracker - The Green Mile

Posts: 49 | From: winnipeg,mb,canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blu Leopard
Neophyte
Member # 8004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu Leopard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, every word that comes out of my girlfriend's mouth just floors me, she's not stop complimenting me in every way and that's only one of the smallest things that make me love her so much! But anyhow, I couldn't just named one, so I picked three!
The simple fact that I make her happy is enough for me and one time she just said out of nowhere, she was actually almost in tears and she said, "I don't think you realize how happy you make me..." I was just stunned and of course I just showered her with kisses...
She's always been really attactched and fond of her grandmother and that relative had been her biggest role model since childhood and one time she was telling me how much she loved me and she explained how I've even taken up some of her grandmother's space in her heart. (She even drew a little digagram once in one of her little notes she leaves me ) Hearing that, once again, was just incredibly flattering, to become more important than someone who's been in her life since birth...and last but certainly not least when she simply says, "I Love You". The fact thatI've done enough right by her and something about me makes her love ME is enough to consider a THAT compliment.

Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SurfGal
Activist
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SurfGal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend told me: "I thank God every day for sending you into my life. I cant believe you have been under my nose the whole time!" And he always tells me I have incredible blue eyes. And soft skin. And that he likes my perfume (BCBGirls Metro) Hes a sweetie. Luv ya babe
Posts: 81 | From: Jacksonville, FL. 32218 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilfran14
Activist
Member # 6858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilfran14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive had compliments about my eyes before and it makes me blush..also i love it when a guy tells me im beatiful, i dont think there any compliment better than that.

------------------
~*Katie Frances*~

Why is it that in the
land of the free, home
of the brave, why is it
that i still feel like a
slave.?"

"And all i wanted was somebody
who carres"

"I know you had to go away,
i died just a little and
i feel it now your the one
i need, i belive that i
would cry just a little
just to have you back
now here with me!"

Posts: 183 | From: Buffalo, NY :) | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boy told me I was beautiful. I thanked him. He asked, "Why are you thanking me? I'm simply stating the obvious."

I'm hooked.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilkazzy
Neophyte
Member # 7892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilkazzy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend compliments me a lot, and each compliment means a lot to me, like when i told him that he understands me so much better than anyone else he said - "Honey thats only coz your all im interested in so my whole body is like tuned into what makes you happy". Or - "Good morning honey. I love your sweet lil body, your ace personality and the way you make me feel".

*melts* Jo is so sweet.

Oh, another thing that was said to me recently by one of my male friends - "i knew after ten minutes of talkin to u - ur one of the most intelligent 15 yr old (at the time) i had ever spoken to" That one made me smile for a week.

Posts: 35 | From: Scotland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Applefritter
Neophyte
Member # 7165

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Applefritter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was laying on the couch in my boyfriend's living room watching tv while he was doing something else. All of a sudden he bounds over to me, sits almost right on top of me and cuddles up as best he can with me on that small cushy couch, and tells me. "You're so pretty!" In this really cutsey silly voice that I love hearing him do. Then he kept telling me how much he loves looking at my eyes and how sweet I look in the low light of the room. (haha, so corny but I love every bit of it because I know he means it) Then he does this thing that makes me blush so much *every* time he does it.
He says 'I love you' over and over kissing me on the face and cuddling me and talking in a sweet cute voice. ^___^ I get flushed just thinking about it. )

Posts: 36 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top warm fuzzy moments:

* A guy friend: "You're a different kind of different than the kind of different you were the last time I saw you. I mean that in the best way possible of course!"

* A guy in my 1st hr.: "Has anyone told you today how nice it is to see you in class? Becasue it is"

* A guy I work with: After a really crabby customer yelled at me for a drip of slushy on his slushy cup he got him another slushy and told me "I filled it this time so if he yelled again he'de yell at me and not you".....aww, how cute is that?

[This message has been edited by ~You*Know*Who~ (edited 02-17-2003).]

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gussto
Neophyte
Member # 10773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gussto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sweetest thing my girlfriend ever told me was when we were sitting in a park at like 10 at night and my arm was around her and we were talking. She stopped and looked at me and smiled and said "how did I ever get so lucky?" and then kissed me. Best thing. Ever. By far
Posts: 6 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilmisfit
Neophyte
Member # 9909

Icon 7 posted      Profile for evilmisfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the sweetest compliments from my boyfriend when he says how happy he is to be around me... and when he says I'm hot and sexy *laughs* One time he was smiling at me for the longest time, and I asked him why he was so happy all of a sudden.. and he said it was because he's with me. Awww.. Hehe.
Posts: 27 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel_Kisses
Activist
Member # 7964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel_Kisses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bf and me were on the phone one Friday night,and we were talking about how much we felt for each other..Ny bf was like "You know I go through Friday night,Satuerday,and Sunday to get to Monday to see my best friend YOU.." Then later that night I was like "I'm gonna miss you when you go off to college in a couple years" My bf then said "I want you to go with me.." More in to the conversation I said "Have you ever wonder why God is keeping us together?" He was like "Everyday!"
aaww..He's the sweetest guy I know..
That "Friday through Satuerday and Sunday to get to Monday to see my bestfriend" hooked me FOR LIFE!!!!

Posts: 52 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had some really cool compliments in my life. I'm always really proud when teachers or adults compliment me on my maturity and intelligence. My most recent favorite compliment was from this guy I've known since freshman year. I had just asked him if maybe he'd want to go out sometime and he said yes (and that he had had the same problem as me about us being friends and how it might be weird for him to ask me out). He said to me, "I wasn't going to bring it up, but you're a great gal. It's hard to find someone practical and independent. And, I don't know about other guys, but I find you really attractive." It was the sweetest thing, because I had so been longing for a guy who liked my independence and practicality, and what made it really special is that compliments from this particular guy friend are really rare and genuine so to get three right in a row made me feel great! Plus, it was my birthday, so that made everything ten times better at least.
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karebare123
Neophyte
Member # 10060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karebare123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One day Me and my ex saw eachother for the first time in like 2 months and we ended up kissing. He looked into my eyes and said...Sometimes you dont know what you got till its gone. He also said I forgot what a real kiss felt like. It was the sweetest thing for him to say and I have to admit i had forgoten what a real kiss felt like too.
Posts: 25 | From: md usa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
musiqram
Neophyte
Member # 10791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for musiqram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once in fourth grade, I was heavily over Mark, my crush and still is(I'm 14). Once he bought a bracelet for this other girl and she didn't except it. He asked me if I wanted it becuase it would look pretty on you. He blew me away. That was when I was young and nieve, though so any compliment from my crush was flattering.
Posts: 20 | From: New York City,New York,USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm not sure if this counts as "sweetest," but on a college paper i recently got back the TA commented that my writing was "grammatically delightful," which i thought was great :-)
Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~*SnUgGleBuG*~
Neophyte
Member # 10837

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ~*SnUgGleBuG*~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the sweetest thing that I have ever heard was when me and my friend ( to let you know he is gay) were sitting at mc donalds lol:P and he just looked at me and out of the blue sed that I was the most beautiful girl inside aswell as out and that he found me to be really attractive! I was soo flatter just to hear it expecailly coming from a guy that likes other men.hehe

------------------
Patience is a virtue

Posts: 19 | From: SoMeWhErE!:P | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
playgirl01_18
Neophyte
Member # 10674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for playgirl01_18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sweetest thing a lad told me was only yesterday!
Well, it wasnt the sweetest but it certainly stuck in my mind!
Im really close with lads rather than girls. I was texting my best m8 Simon. we were talking about a night out soon n i said maybe id kiss him. He replyed with... " That would make my whole F****n existance"!
I thought that was so sweet, apart from the swearin but what the hell!
Luv Playgirl!
xxx

Posts: 9 | From: Newcastle, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OmnipotentLover
Neophyte
Member # 10626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OmnipotentLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had just gotten glasses and my brother goes. "you look good. a lot better than i thought u would." i ignored the last part.

my love said: "not a day goes by when you don't completely take my breath away" and "sometimes u just completely derail my train of thought..."

------------------
what if my star is not to come? will my dreams fade to nothing? when the horizon darkens most...we all need to believe there is hope!!

Posts: 33 | From: A place where dreams end | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrincessOfPunk
Neophyte
Member # 10873

Icon 4 posted      Profile for PrincessOfPunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My last boyfriend gave me the best compliments ever. He always told me I was perfect and the best girlfriend ever. That I think was the best thing I ever heard, along with I was doing things to him chicks had never done. That was quite a mind blowing thing for me to hear. I think when he told me I had cute ears was great too, since he totally meant it, and it made me seem like he enjoyed every part of me. Which is always a good feeling. Unfortunately we aren't together anymore, which bums me out a bit, but it was for the best.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryGirl3
Neophyte
Member # 10016

Icon 10 posted      Profile for CountryGirl3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, sometimes guys will tell me I'm hot and what not, and its always nice to hear, but most the time I figure its more for my body than it is for my face (I have some well rounded attributes, if you catch my drift)so I dont take it to heart often. So, as far as me actually feeling pretty, I usually dont. One day, I was bussing tables at work. My hair was pulled back in a pony-tail, I had barely any make-up on. I felt very unpretty that day. I was standing in the corner, watching for empty tables when this woman came up to me out of nowhere and said "You are so pretty!" It absolutely made my day. I felt beautiful after that.

Another sweet thing someone has said to me that I will always remember was from my ex-boyfriend. When we were together, I was driving down my road w/him in the passenger seat. My road is a country road, and there is no speed limit sign or lines painted on it, so I was driving pretty fast. It is really dangerous to do that because so many other people drive down my road really fast, and because there are no lines they dont stay on their side, so going over the big hills on the road can be life-threatening. Anyways, as I was speeding down the road, my boyfriend turned to me with this worried look on his face and told me that he didn't want me to go more than 40 mph on the road because it was so dangerous and he didnt want me to get hurt. No one ever cared about me that much before to say something like that.

------------------
"Someone once said 'Forgive and forget.' But if we can't forget can we ever really forgive? And if we can't forgive, can we ever really forget?" -Carrie, Sex and the City

"Natalie Wood gave her heart to James Dean. The high school rebel and the teenage queen. Standing together in an angry world. One boy fighting for one girl. I wanna be loved like that, I wanna be loved like that. A promise you can't take back. If you're gonna love me, I wanna be loved like that." ~Shenandoah

"No ones ever perfect until you fall in love with them..."

Posts: 38 | From: Uniontown, OH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HexGoblingglitter
Neophyte
Member # 10908

Icon 7 posted      Profile for HexGoblingglitter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best compliment I've ever had was when my friend walked up to me in the hallway at school and said "If I could choose anyone to take over the world with, it would be you". It made my day!
Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CountryGirl3:
Well, sometimes guys will tell me I'm hot and what not, and its always nice to hear, but most the time I figure its more for my body than it is for my face (I have some well rounded attributes, if you catch my drift)so I dont take it to heart often. So, as far as me actually feeling pretty, I usually dont.

That is exactly how I feel. This guy I am seeing is always saying something like "your beautiful" "you skin is soft like silk" or to my sister "your sister is pretty hot"
Then a different guy months ago said to my friend who I almost hooked up with "why do you deserve young, beautiful Lynsey?" I've had many compliments but Im self conscience so I'm just like "what ever" then they argue with me...

Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mini_minx
Activist
Member # 11076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mini_minx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night i went to a party and i got up all dressed up to try and impress the boy i like. When he didn't even notice i got a bit upset.
Then another boy at the party came up and told me that I looked stunning. I've always thoguht i was really ugly and this really gave me a confidence boost. It helped me with the pain of finding my crush in bed with someone else.

Luv tessa

Posts: 88 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roziline
Activist
Member # 11078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roziline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*rosie! ur such a good guitarist, i think u'll end up on one of the "best guitarist in the world" compilation albums*

i wuz soooo flattered!

------------------
rosie - the girl dreams are made of =)

Posts: 68 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PuckerGurl
Neophyte
Member # 11083

Icon 14 posted      Profile for PuckerGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine would have to be when a guy told me (exact quote)
"every nite i look at you pic and see anotha star lighting my room up"

ahhhhhhhhhh

Posts: 7 | From: N.Ireland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my ex told me(when we went out by the way) that i made him feel worthy of life.
pretty big compliment if i may say so!

Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friends decided I have bigger balls than any of them (and they are guys) and that I was the manliest one in the group.

They bought me a soft-pack prosthetic penis and testicles (size LARGE!) to wear

my friends are the bestest!

------------------
Correlation does not equal causation.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girlontv
Neophyte
Member # 11122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girlontv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I love you so much, it almost seems impossible."

"You (kiss) are (kiss) ABsolutely beautiful."

"I want to give you everything."

The other day I asked him if he was sure he wanted to come to my family's Christmas, since he was basically going to be watching me open all my presents. He said, "I'm sure." I asked why, and he said, "Because then I get to see your face light up, even if I didn't cause it." That just about did it for me.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm :;bites nails:: this is hard considering I don't receive all that many compliments. (that should seem to make it easier, now shouldn't it?)

Oh DUH!!! Something my best friend said to me a couple hours ago. He told me I gave him the most happiest moments he has had in his life. (i guess being x-mas he was all sentimentle)

Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lil'Sweetie
Neophyte
Member # 10481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lil'Sweetie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the other day my girlfriend said, "I don't think you realize just how perfect I think you are"...i almost cried and then she said that every time she talks to me she can't stop smiling. Awwww!
Posts: 5 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KandyKorn17
Activist
Member # 9729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KandyKorn17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine once told me, "You're the realest person I know". I thought that was kinda cool.
Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
army_angel13
Activist
Member # 9184

Icon 10 posted      Profile for army_angel13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it was on Saturday and me, my mom, and my b/f John, were driving to take my b/f home. John and I were at the back cuddling, then suddenly he says:

John: You know you're sexy right?
Me: I guess.
John: Well, don't let anyone tell you you're not, because you are.

I loved that compliment, I think it was my best one, unless I'm forgetting some

------------------
* been there, done that, easy as pie, yummy! *

Posts: 56 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PuckerGurl
Neophyte
Member # 11083

Icon 10 posted      Profile for PuckerGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sweetest thing ever said to me was
when i look at ur pic beside my bed it gives one more star to shine down on me in the dark, cold and lonely nights

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Posts: 7 | From: N.Ireland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.