Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » i just dont get it

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i just dont get it
cutiepie12340
Neophyte
Member # 3097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cutiepie12340     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my best friend is great. shes so fun when we do stuff, which is not alot. we go out to movies alot, like a few times a month, and im always hoping shell ask me to stay the night or something, since i have her over so much. ill call her one day and shes always busy, even with her (and our) other friends. she tells me shell call back, and she sometimes does, but not always. im always so anxious to ask her to stay the night one friday or whatever, because i love being with her (in a non lesiban way!). but i dont ask her to anymore because she never has me over. you know in a friendship, (SOMETIMES) youre the caller, inviter, whatever, and shes the reciever, hardly ever calls, whatever? well thats how it is with us, and im the caller.. shes really fun, and i love when we stay the night at each others houses, but she never has me over, and this makes me mad. she has one of our friends (who is annoying, most everyone agrees) over quite alot, and me never, and she acts like and says im a better friend! ive been friends with her for about 3 years now. what can i do? should i tell her that i feel kind of like a 3rd wheel? please help! --katherine, 14
Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girly2499
Activist
Member # 4188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girly2499     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a friend like this and I was the best friend when it worked out for her. So I did tell her how I felt and we aren't friends any more. She wasn't a good friend and I felt like I was being used. It really is up to you on whether you say something or not just what happened to me could happen to you.
Posts: 87 | From: nebraska, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cutiepie12340
Neophyte
Member # 3097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cutiepie12340     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
expert reply?
Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, ya know, all relationships go through phases. I know that lately I haven't paid as much attention to my best friend as I should, and I feel bad about that. But life changes, and sometimes you come to times where you're closer to some people and farther away from others. Maybe your friend is just going through one of those times.

Your best bet is going to be to sit down with her and have a long heart to heart talk. Don't accuse her of anything, just explain to her how her actions have been making you feel lately. Communciation is the key in any relationship.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Follow me or perish, sweater monkeys!"

"Remember, I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together!"

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's a phase only cuz you say she's NEVER had you stay over. Maybe she hasn't even thought about it since you're always the one to offer. One day you could say, hey, if ya wanna stay over tonight that would be cool, or maybe we could stay at your house? and see how she reacts. if it seems like she's uncomfy with the idea of staying at her house then discuss it with her. tell her that you're just curious if she is intentionally avoiding you stay at her house.

------------------
"I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal"
~Incubus

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was around 14 me and my best friend for 9 years began to have other friends and we eventually went our separate ways. I think she's just wanting to be friends with more than just you, which is completely normal for someone your age. I think if you were to ask her if you could stay the night with her, she'd probably say yeah. Try that, see if t works.

Sincerely,
Amanda

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~.*^*.aMaNDa.*^*.~
An Evanescent Beauty That Will Never Flee

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.