Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » he forgot my b-day!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: he forgot my b-day!
BabyAngel84
Activist
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyAngel84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boy erik who i've been with for almost a year now, forgot about my birthday...he knew the day it was on...but forgot about it i guess, i had to remind him to wish me a happy b-day!...he said he would show me what he got me the next day but forgot again because he was really busy that day with orientations for his new job and picking up his car, he told me he had planned on taking me out to my fav resturant but it was getting late. when he came back later that evening to pick me up he had gotten me flowers and a card that he picked up on his way over at like Jewel or somthing!

I'm so hurt that he forgot, it made it even worse when he gave me the flowers, i know that he really cares about me, but my friends say that if he didn't even take time to go get me a gift that i should dump him and that he doesn't care about me as much as he says he does. But i know he does care about me, i know he can't be using me or anything becuz we've been together a year and he's never pressured me about sex. he says that he respects me to much and doesn't want me to regret anything that happens w/our relationship. erik is very hott and has a lot of girls who like him who are very pretty, while i am not, so he can't be using me and i know he cares about me alot. but it hurts so bad that he didn't think about me when it came to my b-day, i don't want to dump him because of it though, i really really like him!!! what should i do??

------------------
* No man/woman is worth your tears and the
only one who is, will never make you cry.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
If you love someone, put their name in a
circle, instead of a heart, because hearts can break,
but circles go on forever.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen
to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't
say.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If all my friends were to jump off a
bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the
bottom to catch them.*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 161 | From: Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None of us can tell you what to do in this siatuation. It's up to you.

If it's really bothering you, though, I'd suggest sitting down and talking to him about it. Tell him your feelings were really hurt by what he did. It's worth a shot, right?

------------------
Smile, though your heart is breaking....

My crazy little universe....

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there....
With open arms and open eyes...."

-Incubus

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with cypher. The best thing to do in this kind of situation is to sit down and talk to your boyfriend and tell him how you feel.

------------------
...Everybody knows what a store-bought sweater looks like. But man, when you see a home-knitter on the street, it's obvoius, you know?"
-Hawksley Workman

------------------------
"You already know at least 4 women who've been raped...and you don't even know it."

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to disagree with your friends' judgement on what shows that he cares. How much money he spends on you or how many gifts he gives you doesn't show how much he cares about you. It's really all about how he feels about you. It wasn't like he was spending too much time with his friends, hence, he forgot your birthday. By the sounds of it, he was too busy with his new job, etc. that those are circumstances that he really can't avoid. I'm sure that he really cares about you though, but your birthday just happened to land during a very busy time in his life. I'm sure he'll make it up to you though when his life calms down.

------------------
"1970 called. Al Pacino wants his car back."

blackbird's blog

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.