Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I need advice, nice story to read as well.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need advice, nice story to read as well.....
Stalemate
Neophyte
Member # 2775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stalemate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi my name is Rich and I really fancy this girl called Laura. Here's the story (a lot of it will seem irrelevant but its important)...

I was in the process of forming a band with 2 of my best friends from school (we go 2 an all-boys skool btw) we had a singer, drummer (me) and guitarist and wer looking for a bass player. Our guitarist, Mike, happened 2 no sum1 from a different skool who played bass. We got him 2 come and practice, he turned out 2 b perfect for the band, his name is Joe. We all get on with him really well and he's great for the band. Anyway, Joe goes to a different skool which is mixed. He decided to introduce us 2 his friends. So we went 2 this bbq and it was cool and there was this girl I liked the look of (sorry if that sounds shallow). I thought, "Hmmm, she seems nice." I didn't follow it up or anything though. I thought, ah she MUST hav a boyfriend, no point. I found out that she didn't though.

So we started hanging around with Joe's mates more and getting to know them a lot better. Then we had this gig at the local village hall. This girl I liked the look of was called Laura. When we finished, I was packing my drums up and I turned around and noticed she was lookin at me, but turned away, a little embarassed I think. I thought, "Hmmmm, maybe she likes the look of me?" Just a thought. So I got her email off Joe and started talking to her on MSN. She seemed really cool.

Then one friday (a week ago last friday in fact), one of Joe's friends, Ruth (who we get on with, shes really nice), invited me, Mike (guitarist), Joe and Laura (girl I like) round 2 her house 2 stay the night. I got to know Laura a lot better and I really started to fancy her. But then I found out that Mike (guitarist, 1 of my best friends) fancied her 2, wich sucked. But anyway, I got her mobile number and started txting her. She'd reply to every one (mainly cuz her Dad pays for her fone).

Then the Tuesday afterwards, we all met in town and I talked to her a bit, not much. That went fine. The day after, I got this random txt msg from her just asking if I was coming online cuz she was bored, wanted to chat (a bit irrelevant) . Then the Thursday afterwards, we all went in2 town agen for a big water fight at the kiddies playground (cool paddling pool) and that was cool. Got on with her pretty well, hugged her when I left (most people tend to do that). Then last Friday (last night) we all went into town to this gig with this band called [Spunge] who rocked. I talked 2 her loads, I think I flirted a bit with her. She was nice to me as she always seems 2 be. We got on well, hugged when left as well.

Then today, we all went for a water fight, same place. I thought it went well. I talked 2 her loads, we had a cool water fight, she seemed 2 be having fun and stuff. She stayed with me when I was fighting off the little kids when most others had gone back to sit down on the grass. When she had to leave, I said bye, and we hugged but it was her offering the hug this time. Which was nice. But Mike reckoned I flirted with her too much. Oh well. Afterwards I was talking to this dude called Monty and he sed to me "Hey are u going out with Laura?" and i was like "I wish" and he sed "Really? Cuz its pretty obvious she fancies you" And i was thinking, wow, is this true? And he was like "ask her out!" and i was like "i dunno if she likes me though."

So anyway, when I got home earlier 2day, I got a random txt msg off her just saying hi, asking how the day went etc. Mike sed to me, "Why would she txt u if she DIDNT like u? I mean there wud b no point" wich was cool. Oh btw, he still fancies her, but I don't think quite as much I do.

I'm really sorry that that was soooo long. So anyway, I'm sitting here typing this on Saturday night, just hoping if you could give me some advice. We're all meeting on town on Monday 2 do the same thing. Should I make the move? Ask her out? Thing is, she goes on holiday on Tuesday, so if I wanna make a move, I should do it before she goes. But I just don't know how to do it if other people are there, how do I bring it up in a conversation?????? Ahhhhhhhhh! I just don't know what to do. I REALLY like and fancy her a lot and I think she might feel the same. I know she doesn't have a boyfriend and she's looking for one, so maybe that could be me? Oh, I forgot to mention, we seem to have a lot in common (little random stuff) and are into the same kinda music really.

So that's it, sorry to bore you! Please help though!

~Stalemate

Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way I see it, Mike is being really cool and pretty much leaving it open to you. You both like her, but he thinks that she fancies you so he's saying then dude, you should make a move on her. I think you should do also. What's the worst that can happen? If you're really nervous about it, you might even try maying sending her a text message asking her out if you can't bring yourself to do it in person. That or when you are hanging out with her and your other friends, bring it up rather casually. Don't make it sound like "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" but just as an offer for you two to hang out sometime without everyone else. Since you two do have things in common, perhaps try to figure out something that you two would probably be doing anyway, but offer her to come with you to something. Like if it's music, find out if a band is playing that you both like and ask her if she wants to go with you to the show. That way also, it's not exactly a "date" because two friends can go to a concert together and be strictly platonic. Who knows? Maybe something will happen while you both are hanging out solo..

------------------
"1970 called. Al Pacino wants his car back."

blackbird's blog

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SweetBeyond
Activist
Member # 3250

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SweetBeyond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's a cute story! Congrats on the girl! From your story, it seems that you both like each other a lot. If you want to take it further, tell her how you feel. I agree with blackbird, ask her if you two could hang out, and while it's quiet and calm, tell her how you feel about her. Don't try to feel too shy or nervous - [most] girls love it when guys are honest about their feelings. Good luck with the girl, and try to keep us posted!
Posts: 63 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrAdviceGuyy
Neophyte
Member # 4836

Icon 14 posted      Profile for MrAdviceGuyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My god man, your english lingo was extremely hard to get used to but you should really ask this chick out, or if not ask her out start talking to her more on the phone and what no, get to know her, do some more things with just her. Good luck
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stalemate
Neophyte
Member # 2775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stalemate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

My god man, your english lingo was extremely hard to get used to

Really? Hmmmmm.

Anyway, things seem to have turned out pretty good. I told her I liked her and it turns out she likes me too. We spoke on the phone for about an hour earlier this week about various stuff including what to do about us. Because she's on holiday now and when she gets back I'll be on holiday so I won't see her until the 27th of August or something like that. We've agreed to meet privately in town without the distractions of others to sort out things so I think I'll ask her out then.

Thanx for all your advice and to MrAdviceGuyy, um thanx for the comment on my lingo....hmmmm.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.