Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What about the past?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What about the past?
lilpeach
Neophyte
Member # 4027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilpeach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mario and I have been together for two hole years now and we have something sooo great. I love him so much and he loves me very much too. We have been getting along really well lately and he seems like he wants to be with me for a long time. He even talks about far into the future together.
Mario and I made love for the very first time about two weeks ago. It was my first time haveing sex, but wasn't his. Well just the other day Mario felt that he should tell me something that he has kept hidden inside himself for about a year 1/2 or two years.
He told me that when we first started going out that he cheated on me(he had sex with another girl). He said that back then I was just another girlfriend to him and that he didn't love me like the way he loves me now.
He said that he wished he wouldn't have done it and that he is very sorry. He told me that it would never happen again. I truely and deeply believe him. We both think that we shouldn't let this hurt us, because we have come so far and that we love each other with all of our heart.
I just want to see what you would have done if you were in my place? Would you leave something wonderful and specail to you behind or would you stay and work it all out and be with the man you truely love.
Samantha

Posts: 6 | From: Joplin, Mo , America | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, different people would do different things. But personally, I think it's better to work things out if you're really in love. If I were in your situation, I would try and forgive him this time, but if he ever cheated and lied to me again, I'd have to really wonder... Everyone makes mistakes, and mercy is a noble thing. But learning from your mistakes is pretty important too.
Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that I agree with Rizzo here. It was a while ago now, and he seems to have proved himself to you. I think that he is very LUCKY that he is in this situation and that he can probably still stay with you despite what he did... so I would be most concerned that he realize how lucky he is that something worse is not happening, and make SURE you know he will not do this again. And certainly, if he were to do it again, well, I would be out of there very quickly.

I'm not so sure I like the idea of "just another girlfriend," but... ah well. He seems to have realized how wrong that kind of thinking is.

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, as everyone has said, people do make mistakes. And well, he has been brave enough to tell you the truth even though it is a year too late.

We all deal with things differently. I think you should just take some 'me' time and think about this relationship.

Do you think you can continue to trust him? Do you think things will be the same between you guys?

But I agree. If he ever does it again, you should just get out of this relationship in the fastest time possible.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.