Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Bestfriend + Boyfriend = trouble

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bestfriend + Boyfriend = trouble
lilpeach
Neophyte
Member # 4027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilpeach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mario, my boyfriend, and Crystal, my bestfriend, hate each other. They don't talk to each other and if they do they only gripe about each other. They both come to me saying that I am treating the other one specail. There so jealous of each other.
I wish they would except each other and except that I love them both and realize what they are doing to me. I am afraid sometimes to hange out with either of them, knowing that the other one will be jealous and mad. What should I do?
Samantha

Posts: 6 | From: Joplin, Mo , America | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We all simply adore our best friends and our boyfriends and we think they when they meet they just might hit it off but sometimes, things just don't work out. It could be a personality clash or your friend could really be seeing a different part of your bf and vice versa.

I think what you should do first is think if there is any truth in what your bf and best friend are saying about each other. Why don't they like each other? Is it something superficial or could one of them be seeing something you are not? Think about it objectively.

If you feel that there is really nothing wrong with either your friendship or relationship, sit them down individually and tell them that you have evaluated your friendship/relationship and you feel that there really is nothing wrong. And you understand that they might not hit it off but you would appreciate it if they left you to evaluate your own friendships/relationships.

The best thing you can do really would be to not talk about your bf in front of your best friend and vice versa. I used to keep my relationship fairly separate from my friendships because well, they simply do not overlap.

And I think that is the best thing you can do. Be firm when talking to your bf and best friend but be nice. And this situation is making you miserable and tell them if they truly loved you, they wouldn't want to make you upset would they?

Just talk to them hon. Good luck.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Stalker
Activist
Member # 2516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Stalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What Lin said!
Posts: 65 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SweetBeyond
Activist
Member # 3250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetBeyond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would definately have to go with Lin. My boyfriend's best friend, Josh, and I absolutely hate each other. It was probably because Josh had a crush on me and my boyfriend won me over.. but I see a totally different side of Josh than my boy does.. I see him as an egotistical lying jerk who tries to impress my boyfriend. Josh sees me as a mind-washer who is trying to steal his best friend away from him. But, things can't be changed, so my boy doesn't bother anymore... Go with Lin's advice, it may work (not in my case though..)
Posts: 63 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.