Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » personality over looks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: personality over looks
fortigirl
Neophyte
Member # 2969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fortigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was just wondering... if you had to choose between a totally awesome personality on a not so hot mate, or just a plain dull personality on a *MAJORbabe* ...what would you choose.

my guy isn't the hottest guy alive, but he has the greatest personality on a person, that i have ever met.

Thanks 4 ur time!

------------------
My Favorite Quotes:
"I don't have enough middle fingers to tell you exactly how I feel!"
and...
"The gene pool could use a little chlorine..."

Oh, and ALWAYS remember...violence is NOT the answer...unless someone calls you fat! Just Kidding.

Posts: 24 | From: a place y'all have never heard of! | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends. If you're looking for a one night stand.......

However, if you are planning to live the rest of your life with another person and possibly share the responsibilities of raising children, it had better be with someone you can stand over the long haul.

------------------
"A free society is a place where it's safe to be unpopular."

- Adlai Stevenson

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personality!!! That is what I swear by when I look for friends. Some of the women I have dated were certainly not models, but they were funny and smart, and I absolutely adored that about them.

Besides, I know I'm not exactly a studly-looking guy myself...but I attempt to make my girlfriend laugh every now and then, which I think is why she still speaks to me after 3 and a half years.

And as for Sonia? Well, I just got lucky with her. It isn't every day you find such a great personality in such a gorgeous woman...

--Danny

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrettyNpink1013
Neophyte
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PrettyNpink1013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personality is very important.
I may look at somebody differently then their significant other would, but that doesn't mean that they aren't attractive. It's all a matter of opinion.

Posts: 7 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta have the personality. I mean, looks matter about 1% of the time. If you love the person's personality, they seem more and more attractive every day. I've went out with really good looking guys before who have really crappy personalities, and truthfully I couldn't stand them by the end of the relationship. Which goes to prove that no matter how good looking a person is, the relationship isn't going to last if you don't love who they are on the inside.

Anyway, If I found a perfectly average or below average looking guy who was mature, funny, intelligent, and treated me good, then I wouldn't even care what they looked like. They would still seem beautiful to me.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!

"At one point we decided to fight fire with fire. Well...basically...your house burned even faster."

"Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definatly personality. No hesitation, if he doesn't have a mind, then what's the point?

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personality, no doubt about it.

There's only so much time I can spend looking at my guy's face before we break up.

And my guy will always be the most gorgeous one in the world even though not everyone thinks so. So guess what, I have the best of both worlds. *lol*

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd choose the awesome personality, no doubt about it.

To tell you the truth, I've known some guys who when I first met them didn't think they were that good looking. And then I'd spend time getting to know and realize how great they were as a person, and I'd end up thinking they were just the cutest!

------------------
Lil Siren

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautiful_teardrop
Neophyte
Member # 2517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beautiful_teardrop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you're planning on marrying the good looking guy and growing old with him, you've gotta know that good looks dont last as long as a good personality.

go for the personality, looks are only skin deep, but a good personality goes on forever.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's wrong with you guys?! Looks, all the way, man!

Just kidding But who's seriously going to admit to that?

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poohbear785
Neophyte
Member # 3354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poohbear785     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of question is this? Personality! Beauty comes within, and if you can see how wonderful they are inside, then beauty starts to show on the outside. Know what I mean?
Posts: 11 | From: Huntsville, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cats31_01
Neophyte
Member # 3167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cats31_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PERSONALITY!!! My ex had the most wonderful personality matched with not so great looks. However, I found him quite attractive because I knew how he really was. Looks only last so long while personality lives on forever.
Posts: 23 | From: Kansas | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.