Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » getting back 2gether

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: getting back 2gether
andiecheer
Neophyte
Member # 2617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andiecheer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone out there had any good stories about how they got back together with their ex-boyfriend or girlfriend. Me and my boyfriend broke up not to long ago and I was hoping maybe someone could let me know how they got the person they loved back. Thanks a lot.
Posts: 16 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You and your ex are so completely different from any one of us, so I doubt whatever experiences we tell you will work. Sorry .

Personally, once something is over, I leave it that way, so I couldn't tell you anything from experience. Since you haven't told us who broke up with who, I'm going to asume that neither of you hate each other, and you're still on speaking terms. So, the best way to try and get your ex back is to talk to him. Communication is the best & most vital part of any relationship. Tell him that you still have feelings for him, and hopefully he'll listen. If he does, take it from there.

If he doesn't, then it's over. Forget it, and move on. You can't dwell on something like that, or it will just end up hurting you.

Good Luck, and start talking.

------------------
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure!! With protection, of course.

[This message has been edited by pink (edited 02-06-2001).]

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be one of those people.

Hon, it really depends on why you broke up in the first place. And you guys are really going to have to talk it through and make sure the same problems don't come back to haunt you when you get back together.

I don't see anything wrong with getting back with your ex. BUT, you have to really communicate with each other and you have to reach compromises and decisions which can be difficult.

So give it alot of thought and then talk to your guy. Gd luck hon.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, in a good 15 years of relationships, I only got back together with an ex for a good deal of time once....and the relationship managed to be even worse than the first time.

In general, harsh as it sounds, if you split up because things just really are over, or really aren't working, they aren't bound to work again on the second try unless you're talking about a period of YEARS in between, allowing a lot of change to have happened for both of you in the interim.

There are exceptions to every rule, but it's just usually best in my experience to let go and move on, or if you still care for that person, to develop a friendship.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 67145 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andiecheer
Neophyte
Member # 2617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andiecheer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for all of the advice. i have decided to just move on and try to forget about my ex. i still want to be friends with him but we haven't spoken since we broke up ,which was almost a month ago, and i don't really know how to approach him and start talking to him, so that's the main reason i've decided to move on. i know that the majority of people who break up don't get back together but we broke up over something really stupid and i know somewhere in him he still cares about me. but anyway, i would still love to hear some stories about how people met, or how they reunited, if anyone has any stories to share i would love to hear them. again, thanks for all of the advice, i really appreciate it.
Posts: 16 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.