Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Not Sure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not Sure
Freaked181
Neophyte
Member # 108707

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Freaked181     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So over labor day weekend I had unprotected sex twice and ended up taking plan b twice. It was very stupid and immature of me to do so. I know it is not meant to be normal form of birth control just when I panic I don't think clearly. Anyway.. after that week the week of September 12 I had a period. My period came two weeks early. I figured it was my body reacting to what had just happened. Then a month later October 11th I had protected sex. On the 12 of october I started to spot. It was one month after I last bled so I thought it was normal. However it has now been over a week of spotting with like an hour of heavy bleeding at night. There is some craping happening but not terrible. I am not sure what this is. I am totally freaked but instead of doing something stupid this time I want to gather facts so I can handle this situation. [EMAIL][/EMAIL]
Posts: 1 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Freaked181! And welcome to Scarleteen

I don't think it was "stupid and inmature" taking Plan B twice. When we get scared sometimes we don't get to react in a way we think we should but that doesn't mean we are "stupid" just that we were scared. Just wanted to let you know that.

Periods after taking EC can -and often do- change so I can't tell you for sure what it's happening to your period right now.

I'm not sure what you mean with "doing something stupid this time", would you feel comfortable explaining more about that?

[ 10-20-2013, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Edith_* ]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 417 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Freaked181 and welcome to Scarleteen,

Sometimes when people take Plan B it can throw their menstrual cycles off for a few months, which can include getting periods earlier or later than expected or experiencing spotting between periods. So, it's possible that's what's going on here.

I'd also like to check in with you about whether you're up-to-date on your STI testing. Since you are sexually active, getting regular sexual health care is really important, especially since you have engaged in unprotected intercourse. Mind, even for folks who consistently use birth control and safer sex practices, sexual healthcare, including STI testing, is important.

Just for future reference, too, if you do find yourself engaging in unprotected intercourse or having a birth control failure: It's sound to take a pregnancy test even if you've taken Plan B just to make sure the plan B has done it's job.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.