Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Possible Pregnancy Question-Confused/Worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible Pregnancy Question-Confused/Worried
Activist
Member # 95903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98217509812347         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm sort of confused, curious, and nervous about something all at the same time. I asked a couple weeks ago about how I used a condom and whether it was successful and worked or not. I was told that it did work, however the girl that I had intercourse with has been experiencing pregnancy-like symptoms ever since we had intercourse (approximately the second week of September). She has woken up with a stomach ache, had nausea, head aches, swollen tonsils, loss of appetite (she's lost 3 lbs), and fatigue the past couple weeks, so much so that she's made an appointment to get a blood test to see what's going on. She had her first period normally as it would always come about two weeks after we had intercourse, and had her second period the next month, but it was shorter; only about 2 days when it's normally around 5. She insists that she's not pregnant, but she's getting all these symptoms. Also, it's been a little over two months since we had intercourse. Is it possible she could be pregnant and not know it?
Posts: 70 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The symptoms you're describing here could be so, so many things and some of them certainly aren't things we'd see with someone merely pregnant, like swollen tonsils, for instance.

By all means, I'm glad to hear she's made an appointment with her doctor to look into all of this, because it certainly sounds like she's ill with something, but pregnancy doesn't seem to be the likely issue, especially if she has only had intercourse using reliable methods of contraception properly, like condoms, and had a regular period.

How about you wait and see what her doctor has to say, particularly since there's really nothing you can do in the meantime regardless?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68032 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 95903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98217509812347         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will try to do that, thank you
Posts: 70 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.