Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Any risk of Pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any risk of Pregnancy?
KairaLynn
Neophyte
Member # 53966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KairaLynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started birth control on the 19th of August. Fast forward, I started my period this month on the twelfth(Wednesday) and was heavy through Saturday morning. That evening, my boyfriend and I were messing around and we attempted to have sex. He used a condom but I felt I wasn't ready to do it after about 10 minutes of pain. I finally stopped my period today but I worry ALOT and I'm curious if there is any(or simply a high risk) risk for being pregnant. My birth control is TriNessa tricyclin, and it should've been active that saturday when i took my last pill, and i used a condom, but my lower abdomen has been hurting a little and i've been feeling on and off nauseous. And, if you have ANY advice on how to to be as much protected as possible,that'd be SPLENDID because at this point in my college career I can't risk pregnancy.
Posts: 16 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi KairaLynn,
I hear you asking if there is any risk for being pregnant. You have provided a lot of information here for us, but do YOU think any of this information (mainly about methods of protection) supports a possible risk of pregnancy?
You mention you worry a lot, but do you find logical reasons in this scenario for why you are asking us this question? If so, what are they?

For all pregnancy-related questions, we ask that you first read through the following article and related links:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/006958.html

So far as your reported pain goes, were you using lube when having sex? How would you explain the source of what you note as "10 minutes of pain?" It is possible that you experienced some kind of injury, which could be causing your aching. Might be a good idea to take it easy for a little while- take a break from sex until the aching ceases, or at the least make sure you are using a lot of lube, to avoid further abrasion or other irritation.

[ 09-17-2012, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Claire P. ]

Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To add something- because I am not quite sure what you mean by "attempted to have sex" and "I wasn't ready to do it," do you mean this was the first time you have had that kind of sex? If yes, this could also explain an ache.
Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KairaLynn
Neophyte
Member # 53966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KairaLynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thansk for such a quick response! Well, logically, no. But i wanted a more knowledgable opinion on my situation. And thankyou, i will read the article. No i was not using lube... probably should of! thanks, will heed the advice. Oh, this was my first time trying sex so, maybe that has something to do with it too.
Posts: 16 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI KairaLynn,

Using lube can make things much smoother, particularly if you're using condoms which it looks like you are. Condoms are also much less likely to break if one uses a water-based lube, as the lubrication reduces riction.

When you mention trying to have sex, I think you're saying trying oto have intercourse. Other sexual activities are also sex too. [Smile]

Do you think that having iintercourse is something you'd like to do again? What does "not being ready" mean for you?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.