Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » red bumps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: red bumps
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post 
so this is kind of gross but i noticed that I have some red bumps on my anus. IDK what it could be. It doesnt itch. Any ideas? sorry

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

do I need to be worried is it an STI or am i over reaction. I am sorry for asking and being on this site OK. I am sorry what more can I say or do?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not being doctors, we cannot tell you what those bumps might be from. But when you notice strange bumps, it is always a good idea to have them checked out by a doctor to get a diagnosis.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Diamond,

I noticed that you've had a lot of concerns with your body lately. Since you're now back in school, do you have a campus health service? If so, I'd suggest making an appointment with them, asking for a female doctor if that is something that would make you more comfortable. Write a list for the doctor of all the concerns you've had over the past few weeks and give it to her at the start of your appointment. This way, you can have her address all your worries and troubles.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

i cant go to health services. I am back at school tho I am home for the weekend. I am sorry for asking. Ok what more can i say besides sorry?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't you go to health services?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

it costs to much....

--------------------
Im always abandond

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've mentioned before that you have health insurance through your parents. Your health insurance should be applied to your school healthcare system, as made clear by your school's policies.

Alternately, there is also a Planned Parenthood branch near your school's campus (based on your IP address when at school). Here is the information on it: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/centerDetails.asp?f=2927

Planned Parenthood can be used for most sexual healthcare. They not only have a sliding scale for people with no insurance, but for what your insurance won't cover, if it won't cover the services you need.

That all said, you recently had a very thorough sexual health exam, so unless you have engaged in any sexual contact with anyone in the week or two since that exam, changes are what you're noticing isn't anything to be concerned about in the first place.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

ok ya thats what i thought so i was just wanting to make sure and have reasurance. :)

--------------------
Im always abandond

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.