Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » weird, hopefully not pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: weird, hopefully not pregnant
tinkerbelle99
Neophyte
Member # 93528

Icon 4 posted      Profile for tinkerbelle99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!
I'm kind of freaking out right now. So I'll begin to tell you I have had a history of irregular periods. My last period was either on December 4th or 5th, I might have written it down wrong on my calendar. My boyfriend and I had sex with a condom on New Year's Eve but it had been in his wallet, so we pulled out as well as used the condom. We had sex again on Tuesday January 3rd and used a condom but he did not come that time. I still haven't had my period but I've been experiencing cramps and my skin has been breaking out. I'm really scared... please help!

--------------------
tinkerbelle

Posts: 4 | From: idaho | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinkerbelle99
Neophyte
Member # 93528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinkerbelle99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh, and also, before we put the condom on on January 3rd, he accidentally bumped my vagina with his penis unprotected... I'm not sure if i should be worried

--------------------
tinkerbelle

Posts: 4 | From: idaho | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So you had sex twice and both times you used a condom for all genital contact? Sounds like there's nothing to worry about. While it's not a good idea to store a condom in a wallet, it sounds like you got lucky this time and it didn't break, so it's fine.

That aside, cramps and breaking out are not symptoms of early pregnancy. And with your last risk on the 3rd, since it takes about a week for a pregnancy to complete, you would just barely be pregnant at this point - way too early for any symptoms. What you are describing sounds to me more like symptoms of PMS - do you ever get those?

The earliest you can take a pregnancy test is at 14 days after a risk or the first day of a missed period. Since you're not sure when you're due, you can just test when it's been 14 days if you haven't had a period by then.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinkerbelle99
Neophyte
Member # 93528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinkerbelle99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay thankyou! just another quick question about these cramps though, how long do pms cramps usually last until the period starts? mine have been going on since Sunday and usually I only cramp a little on the first and second days of the actual bleeding.

--------------------
tinkerbelle

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When in your cycle you get cramps and how long they last is pretty individual and can have lots of variation, so it's hard to say.

If the cramps are really painful, though, or they don't go away in another day or two, it's a good idea to call your doctor anyway. Unexplained, random pain is always worth checking out.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinkerbelle99
Neophyte
Member # 93528

Alright, will do! Thanks so much for helping me out!!

--------------------
tinkerbelle

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.