Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » STD's?!??!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: STD's?!??!?!
bellaaaaa
Neophyte
Member # 47511

Icon 4 posted      Profile for bellaaaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I had a cold sore and I didnt kiss my boyfriend or any contact with him sexually. We waited untill the cold sore was away. First it had a little scab and then it came off just like when I've had a cold sore before. Then we waited longer so it can heal up even more. After a weak after all that happend I kissed him and have him a blow job. We were trying to be super careful and wait untill my cold sore is off my lip. I still had a scar on my lip still from the cold sore, but there was no little puss buble or any of that stuff. It was completly gone, except for the litthe scar. I know that a cold sore scar takes forever to heal. I've had it now STILL for like 3 weeks now, its not hurthing, its just like an acne scar, after you get a bad pimple.
After a few weeks my boyfriend has been scared because his penis has been itching and he sees little bumps. They dont look bad or anything... theyre just little bumps. Hes going to go get checked still, but for now what can you all tell me? I'm so worried, because we were trying to be careful!!!!!!!
Could it be herpes on him?!?!?!?!

Posts: 19 | From: America | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your boyfriend is having itching and a rash, he should definitely go get it checked out. Regardless of whether it's a STI it's always good to get checked out when there are changes in the body.

Herpes is most often transmitted when there is an open sore, so you were definitely right to wait until it closed up. Unfortunately, herpes can be transmitted at other times too. It's tricky like that.

Have you been tested yourself for both herpes viruses (hsv I and hsv II) and other STIs?

Here's an article to read that will give you more info about herpes. While it's okay to worry, the best thing to do is for your boyfriend to see a medical professional as soon as possible.

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/infection/the_sti_files_herpes

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellaaaaa
Neophyte
Member # 47511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellaaaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really hoping that it's like razer bumps or something... If it not herpes what else could it be? What ould these red little itchy bumps be? I would feel so bad if I've giving him something like this [Frown]
Posts: 19 | From: America | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does he shave?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellaaaaa
Neophyte
Member # 47511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellaaaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but he hasn't been in like a week or two... But sometimes he does.
bellaaaaa
Neophyte
Member # 47511

Yes, but he hasn't in like a week or two... So I don't know. But yeah sometimes he does.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be irritation from shaving, or from a new laundry detergent, or one of any number of other things, but any kind of bumps or irritation on the genitals should be checked out by a healthcare professional.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5758 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.