Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » period twice a month?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: period twice a month?
GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GUERITA1125     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone!
I too have a major concern.
I got my perido on Nov 12 and it lasted until
11/19. On the 18th, me and my bf had, and I know this is wrong, but we had unprotected sex but it was just vaginal sex. That day when he inserted his ..., i bled, and I knew i was still on my period so we stopped. On the 19th, I bled lightly and then on sunday I stopped bleeding. Days after around the 24th of nov, i started bleeding again and I know it couldnt be implantation bleeding because my flow was medium and dark brown and it lasted until 12/4. So now Im panicking wondering if I can be pg because when I was on the second turn of what i think was my period, I was nauseus and I have been feeling like that. Please help!! [Confused]

Posts: 22 | From: ARIZONA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guerita,

Unprotected vaginal sex poses a high pregnancy and STI risk. That being said, you can't have a normal period and still be pregnant so I don't think you have to worry about that for your risk on the 18th. STIs are still a concern however if you and your boyfriend are not up to date on your tests.

Sometimes our bodies do weird things and we can have more than one period in a month. It's not generally something to be very worried about unless it continues happening. However, if you'd like to talk to a doctor about it, that's certainly something you can do. In a previous post, Heather gave you several clinic options in your area, so you can definitely check one of those out.

In the meantime, would you like some information on reliable methods of birth control?

P.S. You can say penis here [Smile]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GUERITA1125     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes please and Im just worried maybe its just my body changing because i do have been having like upset stomach pains and im just worried

--------------------
GUERITA.:***

Posts: 22 | From: ARIZONA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so in terms of contraception and safer sex, I'm going to link you to a bunch of articles that I think might be helpful for you. You can take a look at them in your own time and come back and chat about anything that's unclear or if you have more questions:

Birth Control Bingo!
The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method
Condom Basics: A User's Manual
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
STI Risk Assessment: The Cliff's Notes
Testing, Testing...

Besides that, if you set a boundary about always using condoms with your boyfriend, do you think he would respect that? Is he pushing you to have unprotected sex?

Having an upset stomach can be caused by a lot of things like eating something bad, or a stomach bug. It would be too early for you to be experiencing pregnancy symptoms. In any case, the first reliable pregnancy "symptom" should be a positive pregnancy test. If it would help ease your mind though, you can take a pregnancy test now and have it be accurate about your risk on the 18th.

[ 12-14-2011, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: -Firefly- ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

Hi and no my boyfriend does not pressure me to have sex, its just we get caught up the moment and I know thats not correct and we should be responsible adults. However, is it possible to be ovulating and this is why my stomach is like cramping a lil and im having constimpation {light}? Maybe i ate something that has upset my stomach because if i remember correctly, before i got my period in november, i was having the same pains and slight bloating.

--------------------
GUERITA.:***

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about both of you keeping some condoms on hand so when you get caught up in the moment again you can use protection?

Also, I'm confused about your question. If you are asking if it's possible to be ovulating, then the answer is yes, if you have the organs to cause ovulation it's always possible to be ovulating. And if you are asking what is causing your stomachache and constipation, we really can't answer that - it could be a million things. If you feel really sick though you can go to a doctor.

It is pretty common for people to get bloating and cramps before their period.

Also, if you are both not up to date on STI testing you'll want to do that.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 873 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

I will make sure to be more careful about that and I have already told my bf if he wants to do things, he will have to use protection. I havent been sick I was just having bloating and some stomach pains. Now I currently am waiting to get my period and I think its already started because when I go to the bathroom and pee, i see a lil blood and i have been using pantyliners and I see a lil brown spot.
GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

Should i be worried? My stomach has been bloated ans my left lower side hurts
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guerita, sorry your last question was missed there.

As you have had a period since your risk, there isn't cause for concern, no. The bloating and pain in your side may be linked to something else, like your period coming or indigestion, or a stomach bug starting. If you are still having pains and bloating, an idea might be to check in with your doctor about those. However, as you have had a period since you risk, there is no need to be worried about pregnancy. However, if you do want more reassurance, you can take a test.

Hope you are feeling better.

[ 12-17-2011, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: RaeRay2112 ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to be clear, having persistent pain like you have been and unexplained bleeding are reasons to get to a healthcare provider. In other words, that's not a maybe: that's a do what you can to get in and get seen ASAP, okay?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68215 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.