Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Vulval Dryness, Itchiness, Burning: CONCERNED

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vulval Dryness, Itchiness, Burning: CONCERNED
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I know you guys aren't doctors and can't make a diagnosis, but I wanted to bring this up here before I go to health services. I have been having quite a bit of dryness, itchiness, and a little bit of a burning sensation on my vulva for the past three days or so. I didn't really notice it until I had sex Tuesday night. It was fine at first, but then I got really dry (even though I was pretty turned on) and it got pretty uncomfortable. It burned a little when I urinated, and I had that itchy and uncomfortable feeling the rest of the night.

It's been several days now and I'm still feeling it. It's not so bad during the day, but I get really uncomfortable at night. I've also noticed a bit of a change in my vaginal discharge: it's odorless, sticky, and quite a bit thicker and cloudier than normal.

I'm on birth control, and my bf and I ditched condoms about a month and a half back, but we had been having genital to genital contact for quite some time before then. He hasn't actually been tested for any STIs yet, but he's only ever been with one girl before me, and she had been a virgin. I also regularly shave my entire pubic area, and although sometimes that can get a little itchy, this just feels different.

So yeah. It feels like a yeast or bacterial infection to me. But could it be something else, like something sexually transmitted? Is that possible, if my bf has only been with one other girl before who was a virgin? Should I go get tested? [Frown]

Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right: only a doctor can give you a diagnosis.

It sounds like it could be a yeast infection, but it would also be a good idea to request a full STI screening. If you've been having partnered sex, you've been at risk for STIs. If your partner really has only had one partner and everyone involved has been truthful, then your risk is likely low. But it's a good idea to start getting regular STI tests once you're sexually active.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9177 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.