Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » pregnancy risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy risk?
kbsjsplus
Neophyte
Member # 51560

Icon 11 posted      Profile for kbsjsplus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been here before and I'm going to ask the same question 'cause I need some reassurance. I was with my boyfriend on the 30th of December and I was giving him a hand job and a blow job. There may have been some pre-cum but neither of us are sure seeing as how it could have been from my saliva that was making everything wet. Anyway, he didn't cum and after we were done we layed down together for maybe 5 or more minutes (I also stopped with the hand job before we were done so that means my hand didn't touch him there for maybe an extra 5 minutes or more) then I went to the bathroom. I remember my hand being dry but this is stressing me out to no end. I'm left handed so I was giving him a hand job with my left hand obviously and after we layed down I went to the bathroom. I grabbed the tissue with my left hand but wiped with my right hand. My question is, could sperm have been transferred to the tissue getting me pregnant? This sounds stupid and I already got a no as my answer but this stress is really getting to me. I should be getting my period within the week or so, but I'm scared.
Posts: 6 | From: Trenton | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kb,

The situation you're describing doesn't sound like a pregnancy risk at all - I wouldn't worry about it.

Do you want to talk about how you might avoid this situation in the future though, do you know what precautions you should take when giving hand jobs (manual sex) or blow jobs (oral sex)?

Rebecca

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Back,

Since you are still concerned, you can always take a pregnancy test as early as tomorrow through Thursday, 10-14 days after the “risk” event. I would recommend using the first urine of the day for the sample for the most accurate results. To reassure you, we will still stand by our response that you did not have any risk.

Because you have continued to be so worried about possibly being pregnant, is it possible that this might be a sign that you might not be ready for any type of sexual activity? Please give this a thought and see if there may be some truth to it. We are more than willing to talk further about this. If you don’t feel that it may have any truth to it, we can provide you with information on precautions and forms of protection; as Rebecca mentioned

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbsjsplus
Neophyte
Member # 51560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbsjsplus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I talked with my boyfriend about it and he said that he read some things and there was no risk. I think that this might be a sign that I'm not ready for sexual activity yet, I'll talk more with my boyfriend about everything. I would like some information though for future reference.
Posts: 6 | From: Trenton | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having a conversation with your partner about taking a break from sexual activity sounds like a great idea.

And for the future, these articles should give you an overview over how you can protect yourself:
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
Birth Control Bingo!

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbsjsplus
Neophyte
Member # 51560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbsjsplus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much. [Smile]
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome!

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.