Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Help, pleaasssssseeeeee.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help, pleaasssssseeeeee.
bellabee
Neophyte
Member # 47744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellabee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the situation;
The last time I started my period was on July 23 and ended on july 27. Me and my boyfriend had sex on july 29 and during, the condom slipped off but we realized it did. So the worst that could have gotten inside of me was some precum because he didn't ejaculate. We were messing around some hours before that and he ejaculated but he urinated in the time period between that and when we had intercourse. I have a very reglar menstruation cycle, but I am late for it this month(august) by 3 days so far. I reallyyy need to know what kind of risk my situation poses as for pregnancy in terms of what stage I was in, in my cycle and the precum situation. My boyfriend is out of town and will not be able to come back for a couple of months if he doesn't come by this friday and he wants to be here for support in case I am at risk. It would be a great help if I could know whether I hould worry about this too much or not.

*i've beeb wanting to eat a lot lately, my breasts are sore, I've been waking up feeling sick, and I've had some cramping as well lately. (This usually never happens as pre-menstrual symptoms for me)

--------------------
-Bella, Bee<3

Posts: 10 | From: Ventura | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi bellabee,

It sounds like withdrawal was used perfectly in this situation so it presents about a 4% risk of pregnancy. Since your period is late, a pregnancy test would be accurate now and is really the only way to know for sure. Relying on possible symptoms is not always a good idea because they could mean any number of things.

You and your boyfriend have also had STI risks from this situation, so if you are not both up to date on your testing, I'd recommend getting full screenings.

Here are a few articles that may give you a bit more information:
Pregnancy Scared?
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?
Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

Hope this helps!

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.