Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnancy possible?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy possible?
bobbyg
Neophyte
Member # 48530

Icon 4 posted      Profile for bobbyg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok my girlfriend got off her period just yesterday and we had anal sex on friday and we decided to go again today. well we were a bit pressed on time so in order to speed things up she decided to simply masturbate me and got me to basically ejaculate and a little bit started to come out of the tip so i put it back in her ***. after it all came out we got dressed in a hurry. she didnt have any underwear but she did have some really tight pants and i am worried that she can get pregnant if some of the semen like dribbles out. its the second time we have done this. and i need a definite answer if she will get pregnant or not. she is 16 just like me and still a vaginal virgin. and we use quite a bit of vasaline for lubricant.
Posts: 3 | From: Lompoc CA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, we can't tell you for sure if something will get someone pregnant or not. However, unprotected anal sex can present a pregnancy risk so if your girlfriend doesn't want to risk it, she still has time to take emergency contraception. She has up to 120 hours in which to take it but the sooner the better.

You have both also had STI risks, so I would recommend that you both get tested soon, and then again in 6 months or so because sometimes symptoms don't appear right away.

Here are some articles that you can read for more information:

Pregnancy Scared?
Emergency Contraception
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
Testing, Testing...
Birth Control Bingo!

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobbyg
Neophyte
Member # 48530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobbyg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the help. i have a few questions about getting tested. is there a limit as to how long we should wait. i know its the sooner the better but if my dad found out id be dead and i dont see my mom all the time. and also about EC my girlfriend is a bit pressed on money so is there any advice you could give on the most effective but also moderatly priced pill? I really appreciate the help.
Posts: 3 | From: Lompoc CA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If both of you got tested now and if it's been at least six months since your previous partners, then that should give you a better idea of your STI status. You'll want to retest again in six months, but unless you're in a monogamous, long-term relationship (or you have sex very infrequently), it's a good idea to retest every six months. You can ask your local health department if they offer free/reduced price STI testing. Most do. As for the EC, your best bet is to either contact your local health department or your local Planned Parenthood for EC. Generally, though, unless someplace offers free EC, it's going to cost between $40 and $60. Birth control pills, however, can often be obtained for cheaper through Planned Parenthood, but unless it's a brand that works as EC, it's not going to be helpful for this particular risk, just for future risks.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobbyg
Neophyte
Member # 48530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobbyg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well we are each others first for basically everything so we have only had sexual relations with each other and nobody else. so yeah the first time for both of us was this past friday and our last time was today. we would like to make this a weekly thing. and we are in a long term relationship. we are actually engaged to get married not long after she graduates and i will be moving in with her very soon. so six months sounds good to me and her. i am just wondering if there is any difference between a free and paid STI test like if you do a free one they wont check as many things as a paid one. I am more than willing to pay for it with a paycheck if thats what it takes. shes gonna start up a BC regiment soon just as a precaution for later on. we are going to go get checked as a precaution even though we are a first for each other and if it costs i will pay for it. thank you guys for all your help and if theres anything else i should know please let me know
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no difference between a low-cost/free STI screening and one you pay fully for - the only thing that matters is that you request a full panel of tests to ensure that you're being tested for everything. For a rundown of what a full screening should include have a look at the "Testing, Testing" article blysse_norwood linked you to.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5736 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.