Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » might be preg? Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: might be preg? Help!
Brittanycookie
Activist
Member # 47565

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Brittanycookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay well I got my period about two weeks ago. And me and my boyfriend have used protection since then.
But lately I'm having hot flashing, like one minutes I'm about to pass out I'm so hot and then the next I'm kinda cold.
I keep getting on and off headaches,
and I've been having to pee, alot!
like in 3 to 4 hours I'll have peed at least 4 times.
Normally I can go without using the restroom for about 7 to 8 hours.

Idk if this might be a reason but i didn't take my birthcontrol for like 3 days, and I just started back on it today.

Could I be pregant?! [Frown]

Posts: 78 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brittany,

It's too early for pregnancy symptoms, but you absolutely have had a high pregnancy risk. Missing three pills means that you need to just start a new pack--did you do that?

Having to urinate frequently can be a symptom of a UTI--have you had any pain when urinating, or is your urine cloudy?

Finally, it sounds like the pill isn't working for you as a method of birth control. Do you want to talk about options that you don't have to take every day?

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brittanycookie
Activist
Member # 47565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brittanycookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why would I start a new pack?
I have the rest of the pack that I'm on now,

And no it doesn't hurt.
Also i forget to say, I've been very tired
VERY!
i can't sleep.
I'll be up half the night then sleep all day

Posts: 78 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'd need to start a new pack because once a person misses three or more pills, that pack isn't likely to be effective anymore, even if you keep taking the rest of the pills.

Have you read the paper insert that comes with your pills? It will give you instructions on what to do after you have missed that many pills, which is usually to stop taking this pack, and use a backup method of birth control until you have your next period. It is then usually instructed you start a new pack of pills the Sunday after you missed three or more pills, even if you are bleeding, and that a backup method of BC be used for the first 2 weeks you are on your new pack of pills.

As explained, you would not be likely to have pregnancy symptoms like serious lethargy this early. However, having periods of being exceptionally tired is typical with bipolar when it's untreated, so while it could also be due to something else, since we know that's an issue for you, that is a more likely reason for you feeling so tired.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.