Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I have some psychological problems/pregnancy paranoia/should i take plan b? HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have some psychological problems/pregnancy paranoia/should i take plan b? HELP!
Dreamgirl
Neophyte
Member # 46752

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Dreamgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my partner had sex on the 5th & 6th of May. It was 8CD and 9CD. My cycle is about 26 days.
I used the Pharmatex sponges both times and he did withdraw before ejaculation.
As long as I was with him everything went ok. I mean me feeling well and so on. But as soon as he left today, I just started freaking out about possible risks. I'm really desperate because it is ruining my relationship with that person. I called him and he tried to calm me down.
I think I'm almost addicted to Plan B psychologically.
Some similar situation occurred almost 3 weeks ago. Only the difference was I didn't use no barrier and he did withdraw. After that I took plan B. It made me feel better although it messed up my cycle as hell. I was spotting for about 3-4 days and then bleeding for almost 5 days.(and had worst cramps ever)

I don't want to take those pills again, but I don't know what to do about the state I am in now.
I know, you'll recommend to abstain from sex. I have sex really really rarely. And now not planning to for a really long time.

Please, will someone give me an advice? Maybe I should see a therapist? Because I feel like anything that I or my partner will use is going to fail.

Personally, I'm thinking to wait out those 120 hours fully so I can't take those pills otherwise I'll end up taking them.

Help, I need support... [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Or maybe I should take EC? [Confused]

[ 05-07-2010, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Dreamgirl ]

Posts: 27 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The effectiveness rate of the sponge is 91% with perfect use, 84% with typical use. Combined with withdrawal, you're at just over 99% with perfect use, and 95% with typical use.

That means that, if you used the sponge as directed and your partner pulled out well before he ejaculate, you're failure rate is at less than 1%.

So, no, I do not see a need for EC here.

As you recognize yourself, your level of worry over pregnancy risks is very high. Stepping away from sexual activity for the moment is probably a good start, as there is no point in having sex if you get so worked up about possible risks afterward.

Do you have problems with anxiety in other areas of your life, or is this the only one?

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9028 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dreamgirl
Neophyte
Member # 46752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dreamgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You for your response.

Yes, in the end of May I'm going to have exams and I hope that I'll pass them well & go to the university. So I'm constantly feeling pressure.

Also I just worry about everything too much.
One minute I'm ok with what we have done and the other my mind starts racing and I can't stop it. "what if........"

I'm just tired from these feelings.

As for using the sponge, I've placed it as far as it went, as the instruction told and left it after everything for more than 6 hours. Even much more. The second time I used a new one and left it for about 14 hours. I think I used them properly.
And my partner withdrew prior ejaculation. I'm sure about that.

Posts: 27 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anxiety is generally a problem for you, then it would not be a bad idea to look into finding some counseling to help you deal with that. You can ask your school counselor or your GP to refer you to someone.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9028 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dreamgirl
Neophyte
Member # 46752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dreamgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you again for such quick response.
So this time i guess I'll have to wait out without EC. And somehow try to stay sane. [Roll Eyes]

[ 05-07-2010, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Dreamgirl ]

Dreamgirl
Neophyte
Member # 46752

It's tougher than I thought...
I just can't shake those paranoiac thoughts. [Frown]
I'm so embarrassed to be acting like this.

[ 05-07-2010, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Dreamgirl ]

lightmyfire71
Neophyte
Member # 46525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightmyfire71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is alright, I am on the pill and everytime we have sex without a condom I think Im pregnant..
Posts: 7 | From: san diego | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(lightmyfire71, this area of the boards is for staff and volunteer replies ONLY. See you around the rest of the forums.)

Dreamgirl, if this anxiety is such a problem for you, you really might benefit from seeking counseling about it.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5668 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dreamgirl
Neophyte
Member # 46752

Yes, I know I should get professional help and I'm considering going to my GP next week.

Karybu, but now the only thought that is spinning in my head is that I need EC.
I don't know how I'm going to wait out for my period to come for about two weeks. I really don't know.
I know that when the second panic attack kicks in I'll run to the Pharmacy and get those damn tablets.
Do you personally think is there any need in taking them?
I know that in the previous post I was told there's no need in that, but.......

I know for sure that until I get counseling I'm not going to engage in anything sexual. At all.

[ 05-08-2010, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Dreamgirl ]

atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking EC would not increase your pregnancy protection significantly, so it is probably not worth taking in my opinion. It is still your choice.

You can also wait until it has been 10-14 days since the risk to take a pregnancy test.

You can also look into more effective methods of birth control. For example, condoms are a great, more effective method than withdrawal that you can pair with the sponge, a diaphragm, or hormonal methods.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dreamgirl
Neophyte
Member # 46752

So...my nerves gave up and I got the pills.
I'm thinking about not having sex at all. Until I can manage the risk that I take when I do it.

Today bought two pregnancy tests and I will certainly take them after two weeks.

Thank You for your support! I feel a bit better although I'm really upset about everything.
I think I'll be a chicken for the rest of my life.

atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please do consider starting counseling, too. Your anxiety doesn't have to me like this.

Let us know if you need help with that.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.