Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » A pregnancy risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A pregnancy risk?
Neophyte
Member # 45510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 919117813     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I had sex and used a spermicidal condom on December 25, and he did finish inside me. However, he always feels bad when I don't get to finish so we switched positions and kept going from behind for maybe 1 minute. (I had no idea he had already finished and he told me about it later...its the least to say I was not pleased with his choice to do this).

When we were done I looked at the condom and there was semen in it; it was on the underside of the his shaft near the tip all together in a puddle like it usually is at the tip, only a little farther down.

My concern is if any of the semen could have leaked out the bottom of the condom while we continued, even though "doggy style" does not really put the base of his shaft inside of me. I was only on day 5 of my birth control, but I have yet to miss a pill or be late in taking one at all since I've started.

I got my withdrawal bleed on time when I was supposed to...does this mean that everything is okay?

I took numerous pregnancy tests, including one one week after I got my withdrawal bleed...am I in the clear? Regardless of any headaches or side effects I've had lately?

I guess I'm just asking how big of a pregnancy risk I had to begin with...considering I had started the pill and we used a condom, and since I already got my withdrawal bleed and a negative pregnancy test.

Posts: 16 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 45510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 919117813     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The condom did not break...and we did not see any of it leak out directly by the way.
Posts: 16 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 45510

Bump...wondering if anyone has any thoughts?
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FYI--Bumping posts is against the guidelines you agreed to when you signed up here. We don't promise to answer all posts within any time frame, or even at all. It may be one thing to ask a further question or to inquire about a post that has been sitting for days, but it's against the guidelines to bump one that's been sitting for less than 24 hours.

A withdrawal bleed means that you are not pregnant from any incident that happened before that bleed.

It sounds like from this and your other post, that you are having a lot of anxiety about sexual activity, so have you thought about stepping away from it all together?

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 45510

I'm sorry about the bumping thing...I thought I saw it on this site before, but it may have been a different one.

I am stepping away from sex right now, especially since I am in a long distance relationship, but I still feel not like myself and don't know for sure if it is the pills or something else, just wanted to be sure.

I have some weird things going on with my body right now, and for some reason I just can't trust the tests. I mean if I were to take one even now, 49 days since my last period (not withdrawal bleed) and 37 days since the risk, and it was negative there should be NO reason why I should even think about being pregnant, right?

I guess I'm just thinking these things wrong with me is a pregnancy when they are probably just from the pill.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.