Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Test Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Test Question
LittleFlowers
Activist
Member # 44455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleFlowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so my last sexual act was nine days ago today and I've been informed that a test can be taken 10-14 days after that. It hasn't been 10 days but my period was due yesterday. Can I still get an accurate negative result today if my period was due yesterday but it hasn't been 10 days? Which is supposed to come first?

--------------------
<3 littleflowers

Posts: 101 | From: United States | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd wait at least another day since your period may not actually be late--a day's variation in timing is completely normal.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleFlowers
Activist
Member # 44455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleFlowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So right now I would not have gotten accurate result and after a day I will?

--------------------
<3 littleflowers

Posts: 101 | From: United States | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now, I'd say you're unlikely to get an accurate result. Tomorrow, you are likely to get one, and after four more days, you will definitely get an accurate result. If you test today, you should test again a week later just to make sure.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleFlowers
Activist
Member # 44455

Okay, thanks.

I am having cramps which should signal that my period is coming, but I have been having them for the past couple of days.

Is it common for women who are pregnant to have cramping at the time of their period but never get it?

--------------------
<3 littleflowers

LittleFlowers
Activist
Member # 44455

My cramping is really light and off and on.

--------------------
<3 littleflowers

LittleFlowers
Activist
Member # 44455

I'm also not sure if taking plan b earlier in the month would have an effect on my period or not.

Basically, I don't think that I had a pregnancy risk but am still confused and worried as to my period not showing up when it does every month (on the 26 of every month.)

--------------------
<3 littleflowers

atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Oh, if you took plan B during this cycle, than it's really anyone's guess when your period will arrive. One of the super common side effects of plan B is a delayed or early period.

Too, if your period comes on the 26th of every month, that means you have *irregular* not regular periods, since some months have 30 days, some have 31, and February is even shorter. Unless you're counting the days between each period regularly for several months, you're not going to be able to predict exactly when your period will arrive.

It sounds like you're having a whole lot of anxiety about this--have you considered simply stopping all sexual activity for a while?

LittleFlowers
Activist
Member # 44455

So is it possible and normal that the irregular bleeding I had a week after taking it this month would have served as my period and I won't get one at my expected time?

Yea.. I do have a lot of anxiety.

--------------------
<3 littleflowers

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.