Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Is there a possiblity I'm pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is there a possiblity I'm pregnant?
annabeth90
Neophyte
Member # 44239

Icon 2 posted      Profile for annabeth90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I currently take birth control and have been taking it for a year now, but this past month I have been really bad about taking at the same time everything night, It is occasionally a few hours off or sometimes I don't take it till the next day. My boyfriend and I don't have intercourse but we do fool around, fingering and stuff but his penis never comes in contact with my vagina. We don't use condoms but try to be careful making sure our hands are clean. I have hit my period at the right time and the cramps are as they should be, but the bleeding is much much lighter than usual. Now I am afraid that something might have gone wrong in the heat of the moment and I'm worried that I may be pregnant and just have light bleeding. I am just curious of your opinion.

[ 10-01-2009, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: annabeth90 ]

Posts: 3 | From: Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the bleeding started when you were due for your withdrawal bleed, it's very, very likely that that's what it is. Your withdrawal bleed isn't going to look exactly the same every month - some variation is completely normal. Too, if you're used to taking your pill on the dot and have been taking it a bit erratically this past month, that may also influence what your bleed looks like. But if you're having a withdrawal bleed -and it sounds like you are - you don't need to worry about pregnancy. You cannot have a period and be pregnant.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9177 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annabeth90
Neophyte
Member # 44239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annabeth90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! I'm going to try not to worry too much. I mean I have had all the other normal stuff that usually come with my period: acne, dreams, and cramps. Just my flow is really really light. Next month I will try to be better about my pills. I'm just paranoid that while my boyfriend was fingering some precumm might have gotten on his finger...but I guess this is unlikely if this is happening and I don't think that happened anyway. This site is really helpful! Keep it up!
Posts: 3 | From: Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know? Even if he had had some pre-cum on his finger, that still wouldn't present a pregnancy risk. It takes direct genital contact for that.

Too, how late were you with your pills? You have about 3 hours each way from your pill time to take a pill and have it be considered on time. And you don't have to consider a pill late until it's been more than 12 hours. So from what you were saying, it sounds like you don't really need to worry about your protection having been compromised during that cycle.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9177 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annabeth90
Neophyte
Member # 44239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annabeth90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes my pills where at the most 13-14 hours apart. And as more time goes on I become less worried b/c I am seeing more than just blood, there is actually lining coming out. In the future I'm going to be better about taking my pill at the same time every day. Even though I'm a virgin I still have these scares. The pill is for other medical reasons and that is why I am on it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.