Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Could I Be Pregnant ? PLEASE HELP ME :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I Be Pregnant ? PLEASE HELP ME :(
:)maddy(:
Neophyte
Member # 44109

Icon 2 posted      Profile for :)maddy(:     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey im not sure if this is how i post or reply or something but ill give it a go.
i had sex for the first time (lost my v's) on a monday morning around 3am... we didnt use a condom or any other contreceptive (stupid i know) and he also came inside me.
I told him not to worry because my period was due in about 4 days. Later this week i have been worrying and freaking out about the fact that i could be pregnant. I made a calender this week of all the dates i got my period this year and ive noticed that my cycle is VERY irregular, i mean sometimes it would be a 30 day cycle, then maybe a 28 day, last time a 31, and before it has been even a 45 day cycle.. what im trying to say is.. it is never the same.
I dont know if it was proper or not but i found an average of 31 days for my clcly ( by adding all numbers up and dividing by total) and yeah 31 days was my average. So far early tomorrow morning is going to be a week since we had sex and i still havent had my period. About 2 or 3 days ago my nipples were sore and tender usually what happens when my period is around the corner and i always break out more than usual and i think ive noticed that just today. I havent noticed the normal amount of thick white discharge i get before my period yet either. im really scared. i dont want to be pregnant, im 16. mum has offered to let me go onto the pill whenever i feel ready too, so i might go tomorrow and ill ask mum to leave the room and ask the doctor for a pregnancy test or a blood test to see if im pregnant or not =/ but i know i cant start the pill till i get my period this month. can you please help me and guide me with your advice? Im just hoping its being irregular and late due to me stressing so much. Its been on my mind 24/7. My last period was on the 18th - 24th of august. It is now the 20th of september [Frown]
please help me. thankyou very much. [Frown]

[ 09-20-2009, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: :)maddy(: ]

--------------------
Please answer my questions. xo

Posts: 4 | From: australia | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You had unprotected intercourse with ejaculation, which presents the highest risk of pregnancy and an STI risk.

It's also not really useful to try and predict where you are at in your cycle to gauge how 'risky' sex would be. The only way to accurately predict your menstrual cycle is by charting it regularly, including checking your basal temp and cervical mucus daily.

Since it's been nearly a week since your risk, it is now too late for EC. This means that all you can do now is wait until you can take a pregnancy test. You can take a test for accurate results at 10-14 days after the risk or on the first day of a missed period. Since you haven't been charting your period and don't know when you are due, I'd suggest just waiting until it's been at least ten days.

If you're going to schedule an appointment with a gynecologist, it would be a great idea to also ask them for a full STI screening while you're there.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
:)maddy(:
Neophyte
Member # 44109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for :)maddy(:     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thankyou sooo much. I actually got my period a few hours ago. mum is taking me to go to the doctors tomorrow and im going on the pill. Should make it easier to keep track of my menstrual cycle now. once again thankyou(:

--------------------
Please answer my questions. xo

Posts: 4 | From: australia | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to hear that. [Smile]

Just remember that the STI risk still stands and asking for a test while you're there is still a good idea. And for the future, since the pill does not protect you from STIs, you'll also want to always have some condoms handy.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.