Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Panic!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Panic!!
Faraway
Neophyte
Member # 44065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone.

Have a situation here that I'm freaking out about. Ok here goes.

Just had sex for the first time a couple of hours ago. Used a condom and followed the instructions carefully. However, the condom did not seem to fit perfectly like in instructions I saw on the net. The base was tight but the rest of it kind of had air spaces and didn't hug my penis like a skin. I tried to smooth out the air spaces but couldn't.

Proceeded to have sex after that. When I pulled my penis out, I noticed that some semen had flowed down from the tip of the condom to about 3/4 of the way down. Also, I was not fully erect when I pulled my penis out but the base still felt tight.

So is there any cause for concern? Could any semen have leaked out? Should I get my girlfriend to take some emergency contraceptives? Please help. I'm totally freaking out now!

[ 09-15-2009, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Faraway ]

Posts: 4 | From: Singapore | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway
Neophyte
Member # 44065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to add, I tested the condom for tears after taking it off by filling it up with water. There were no leaks and the condom I used was the extra thick kind. Thanks.
Posts: 4 | From: Singapore | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does not sound like you've had a risk here, though you will want to always pull your penis out while it is still erect in the future.

It's your girlfriend's choice whether or not she wants to obtain emergency contraception. I would not recommend it in this case, but it's completely her decision, and not something you should "get her" to do.

Also, "extra thick" condoms are actually more likely to break than thin ones, since the thickness creates more friction. You're better off using thin ones along with plenty of extra lube.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway
Neophyte
Member # 44065

Thanks for the reply atm1.

It's my first time and I wasn't really sure about how the condom should look like when I put it on. Is it normal for there to be air spaces and for some semen to flow down from the tip? Thanks.

Faraway
Neophyte
Member # 44065

Regarding the emergency contraceptives, my GF has kind of made up her mind that she wants to but I don't want her to do anything that could have potential ill effects to her body without first making sure it is really necessary.
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you put on a condom, you should pinch the top a bit so that there's room for ejaculate, but you should try to avoid pockets of air. Semen does sometimes leak away from the tip, but that's something you want to avoid by removing condoms immediately after ejaculation.
I'd encourage you to try a different type of condom in the future, and here are some articles to help:
Condoms
Condom Basics: A User's Manual
Your Map to the Condom Aisle

Really, about the EC, it's her choice. If she wants to for her peace of mind, then that's her business. You don't really get a say in the matter.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.