Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » immediate help im stressing.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: immediate help im stressing.
imogenasksyou
Neophyte
Member # 43569

Icon 4 posted      Profile for imogenasksyou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im sorry about posting this since you get many pregnancy scares.
But im to the stage when even thinking about this is making me feel sick.

okay so my boyfriend was over yesterday and i placed my hand in his pants though i only brushed my hand quickly down there. It seemed a little wet but im not sure if it was pre-cum or just sweat.

about 10 minutes after this happened he had gone home and i went to the toilet. i exposed the same hand that went down his pants to my vagina. Straight contact. It totaly crossed my mind at the time as i was in a rush.

Im unsure that if there was any sperm on my hands if it had died in the ten minutes from exposure to air or if there is a chance this could make me pregnant. I hadnt washed my hands before hand.

My period is due in three days and i have the usual breast tenderness that i gget before my period. but im so unsure. if it does come at normal will this mean im definately not pregnant?
thankyou [Confused]

Posts: 19 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are not describing a viable pregnancy risk. You barely brushed by, which I'm sure is likely true of your vagina: when most women toilet, we're not sticking our fingers into our vaginas or even touching our own vulvas much in the first place. We're touching with toilet tissue.

Pregnancy via semen-on-hands is really unlikely, altogether, but certainly in this instance. However, just as an issue of general health and germs, it's really good to get in the habit of washing your hands frequently, especially after any kind of close physical contact with someone else. As well, if your period is due in just a few days, it's unlikely you're even fertile right now. Not impossible, but unlikely.

And yes: if your period arrives on time as usual, you can know you did not become pregnant.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68208 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
:)maddy(:
Neophyte
Member # 44109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for :)maddy(:     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey im not sure if this is how i post or reply or something but ill give it a go.
i had sex for the first time (lost my v's) on a monday morning around 3am... we didnt use a condom or any other contreceptive (stupid i know) and he also came inside me.
I told him not to worry because my period was due in about 4 days. Later this week i have been worrying and freaking out about the fact that i could be pregnant. I made a calender this week of all the dates i got my period this year and ive noticed that my cycle is VERY irregular, i mean sometimes it would be a 30 day cycle, then maybe a 28 day, last time a 31, and before it has been even a 45 day cycle.. what im trying to say is.. it is never the same.
I dont know if it was proper or not but i found an average of 31 days for my clcly ( by adding all numbers up and dividing by total) and yeah 31 days was my average. So far early tomorrow morning is going to be a week since we had sex and i still havent had my period. About 2 or 3 days ago my nipples were sore and tender usually what happens when my period is around the corner and i always break out more than usual and i think ive noticed that just today. I havent noticed the normal amount of thick white discharge i get before my period yet either. im really scared. i dont want to be pregnant, im 16. mum has offered to let me go onto the pill whenever i feel ready too, so i might go tomorrow and ill ask mum to leave the room and ask the doctor for a pregnancy test or a blood test to see if im pregnant or not =/ but i know i cant start the pill till i get my period this month. can you please help me and guide me with your advice? Im just hoping its being irregular and late due to me stressing so much. Its been on my mind 24/7. My last period was on the 18th - 24th of august. It is now the 20th of september [Frown]
please help me. thankyou very much.

--------------------
Please answer my questions. xo

Posts: 4 | From: australia | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.