Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I'm so terrified (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm so terrified
GreenHouse12
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 43630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreenHouse12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I'm happy but terrified at the same time.
I e-mailed you an important question that I didn't really want to post up here- I hope that's okay.

Posts: 27 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's fine (though I do think it would have been okay here), and I got back to you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GreenHouse12
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 43630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreenHouse12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather- you have a wonderful site and you're a remarkable being for providing this site to young ladies, such as myself.

I finally saw my doctor. She kicked my mother out for me [Smile] and she gave me a good talk about growing up, and having to deal with religion. I asked her for a blood test.
It was a negative- just as you expected. But it was relieving to finally see it from a lab result, y'know?
She even prescribed me provera and regular birth control.
I've gained about 3-4 pounds, so they're happy for me.

I just want to say thank you for all your patience, Heather. Despite the fact that my situation was ridiculous, you still helped me. Thank you so much.
Lately, I've been reading up/taking lessons on sexual health.
One counselor that I spoke to suggested that I work for Sex, Etc. and provide my experience for girls just like me- dealing with guilt in damaging ways (physically and emotionally). I don't know. But, I am keeping my options open.

Thank you, again. I can probably thank you for centuries. If I didn't have a place to confide it, or a person that's compassionate, and willing to help me-- I don't know what or where I'd be. Quite possibly in a worse place.

Keep up the amazing job.

Sincerely yours,
- Dreema.

Posts: 27 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, Dreema, you just made me need tissues. Thank you for saying such wonderful things.

You're far more than welcome, and I'm glad the doctor's visit was so satisfying for you. It's great to hear you feeling so much better.

By the way? I'd be more than glad to talk with you about volunteering with us, too, if you'd like. My impression is you're a very kind-hearted person who also is very insightful and has a lot of good stuff to share as well as some important things to say. We'd be very lucky to have you. [Smile]

[ 09-12-2009, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GreenHouse12
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 43630

Oh my god. I would love to volunteer for this site. Please, tell me all that I can do to become a volunteer, and I would do it.
I've become so familiar with this site, and I can't think of a better place to offer whatever it is that I have to offer.

Wow. [Smile] Thank you.

Heather
Member # 3

Yay!

You have my email, so go ahead and drop me a line and we can talk about it. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

GreenHouse12
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 43630

Okay. I e-mailed you. =]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.