Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Everything's Happening at Once.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Everything's Happening at Once.
Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bragorien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I accidentally ran two packs of pills (cilest) together. I just totally forgot the 7 day break. I don't think I'm gonna die or anything, the internet say some people do it deliberately.
But I had today what looked like the beginnings of a period, surely taht isn't supposed to happen if I am still pilling?
I was wondering if that is also spotting or if I have just majorly effed up my system. If it is the latter, sorry system!

Also at the same time as all this, I managed to burn myself with my deodornt.
Or at least, I think this is what happened.
As now I have a patch of intense pain on my
underarm.
It was vaguelly uncomfortable, but it was my "shaving day" so I shaved my underams and used deo as normal and for the past two days i have been in really bad pain everytime i move.
Its really really hurting and i don't know what to do, clotehs cause it pain too and I almost started cryign at work which was embarrassing.

What can I do? I have a prom early next week for which I will need to shave my underarms, how can I get the pain gone or get it healed better? [Frown] 'Cause it really hurts. [Frown]

--------------------
"I made a resolution: Dance, like nobody's watching. Which I do... with the curtains closed - in case anybody's watching!"

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's unlikely that you majorly messed up your system. Some people deliberately skip the 7 day break to try to skip their period. When we get people who ask if they can do that, we generally tell them that there's no guarantee they'll actually skip a period and they may still experience spotting, so that's likely what you're seeing here. You could call your pharmacist or prescribing physician to confirm that everything is ok too.

As for the strange burn, I would recommend actually going in to be seen by your health care provider if you can, especially since it seems to be causing you a lot of pain. They should be able to see what it actually is, and maybe prescribe something to help with the pain or help it heal quickly. Without knowing exactly what it is or seeing it, I really can't recommend something to put on it.

Hope this helped and good luck with the weird burn!

[ 07-09-2009, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: blysse_norwood ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bragorien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, is there anythin I can do for now? an antiseptic seems to help with the pain and such. its just like a red mark on my skin, its slightly raised from the rest and is just.. owwy.

its a combo of razor irritation and deo burn i think. :/

But thankyou nonetheless.

--------------------
"I made a resolution: Dance, like nobody's watching. Which I do... with the curtains closed - in case anybody's watching!"

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the antiseptic cream/ointment helps, you can probably keep putting that on without a problem. If you don't know if you can go in to see your doctor soon, can you call for some advice and to double check that the antiseptic stuff is ok?

In the meantime, can you put some kind of bandage on it to keep clothes from rubbing on it? Might help keep the irritation down if you can tolerate the bandage being on it.

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

thank you. [Smile]

xxx

--------------------

Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

OKay added problem.
The sort of period I am getting is really like sticky and almost black fluid. Should I be worried here?

--------------------

atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. It's normal for break through bleeding to be a different consistency from what you're used to.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

*is calm*
Thank you [Big Grin]

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.