Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » question.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: question.
saraa
Activist
Member # 40542

Icon 9 posted      Profile for saraa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this might seem weird, but i've been discharging more then usual.
could that mean i'm pregnant?
or is normal?
[Confused]

--------------------
-saraa.

Posts: 55 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's "usual?"

When I say that, what I'm asking is how long you've really been paying close attention to your discharges, and how long you'd say they have been any given way for.

Increases in discharge -- if they really are increased or different than usual -- would be way more likely to be a sign of infection than of pregnancy.

But what I'd start by doing is having a look at this and seeing if they even really are unusual, and considering, too, if you're just projecting worry unto something normal: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68215 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saraa
Activist
Member # 40542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saraa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
usual would be not everytime i stand up.
i've noticed the past few days when i stand up it comes out, and it feels like a lot but it's not a really big amount, but enough to get my underwear wet.
usual is just a little bit every now and then i guess.

--------------------
-saraa.

Posts: 55 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When was your last period?

And is there any other difference with it? What's the color, texture and scent like?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68215 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saraa
Activist
Member # 40542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saraa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my last period wassept 25 to october 1st.

and i noticed there was a chunk? but that was it, other then that it was pretty normal. and the scent, i don't think there was any.
and the colour was white.

--------------------
-saraa.

Heather
Member # 3

So, if like many women, you ovulate around mid-cycle, then around now, you're going to have just ovulated, meaning your discharges will tend to be thinner and more fluid, so you'll tend to feel wetter and see more of them. After that happens, ovulation will tend to be thicker and pastier until your next period.

My feeling is that in feeling worried, you're just being a bit more observant. Obviously, no matter what, you want to be sure if you're sexually active that you get or stay current with your yearly exams and STI tests. If you're not, sounds like now might be a good time, particularly if you are worried something is amiss.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

saraa
Activist
Member # 40542

so I shouldn't worry?
there's nothing wrong with me?

--------------------
-saraa.

Heather
Member # 3

I don't know that, because I haven't been observing your discharges, nor do I know your sexual history or the status of your reproductive health.

The right person to ask that of with repro health concerns is your reproductive/sexual healthcare provider. Are you up-to-date with that yearly care?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

saraa
Activist
Member # 40542

with what?

--------------------
-saraa.

Heather
Member # 3

With your yearly pelvic and bimanual exams, pap smears, and any STI testing if you have been sexually active.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

saraa
Activist
Member # 40542

i haven't gotten any of those..
i haven't had sex though.

--------------------
-saraa.

Heather
Member # 3

You've had some kind of sex: you've posted here about manual sex, at least.

Realy, once you start menstruating, it's a good idea to at least get started with general gynecological exams, tailored to what you need. If you have had NO genital sex, then you won't need a pap or STI tests, If you have, those may be advised.

But if you're worried about this stuff, and are becoming sexually active, that's pretty much exactly the time to get started with sexual healthcare, which is the only accurate way to know for sure you're in sound reproductive health.

If you opt out of that, all we can really do is guess about if you have anything to worry about or not, and/or rely on your own observations about your body over time, which can be limited in their usefulness. It's not useless, by any means, but that alone with no healthcare can only do so much.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

saraa
Activist
Member # 40542

alright, well thank you so much for your help!
i really appreciate it. [Smile]

--------------------
-saraa.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.