Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » help i am worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help i am worried
junlozada
Neophyte
Member # 37272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for junlozada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello my last period was on June 8 and i skipped July. the skipping of my period happened before around 3 times already when i was stressed and i have irregular periods but the catch this time is i had sex twice at June and July. We used condoms on both occasions and he withdrew with the condom just before ejaculation on both occasions. No condom breakage or slippage. The past missed periods, i was a virgin. Another thing is i have been stressed out this past few weeks..is this the reason of my missed period because i dont feel any signs of pregnancy but some people say some girls don't feel these symptoms at all. what are the risks of being pregnant? pls help because i dont know much about these things..thanks!
Posts: 13 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamonds4lucy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamonds4lucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there: when condoms are used correctly and consistently, they're 98% effective. Going by your past history of irregular cycles and several weeks of stress, it's very likely that that's what's behind your delayed period.

However, if it would help ease your mind, you can always take a home pregnancy test. Also, judging by your post history, you seem to be very concerned about condom use and its effectiveness: you may want to consider using another form of birth control in addition to condoms so that you're more protected (and less worried) about pregnancy, or not engaging in intercourse at all at the moment until you feel more prepared and less nervous about it.

If you don't menstruate for three months or so, it's a good idea to see a gynecologist to make sure everything's alright.

Condoms, The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method
, and M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period? are all articles that you might want to take a look at.

I hope this has helped!

--------------------
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams.

Help Support Scarleteen!

Posts: 446 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.