Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » two possible emergencies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: two possible emergencies
fallchild
Activist
Member # 28780

Icon 9 posted      Profile for fallchild         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, I feel like this is all my fault so as I'm typing I'm psychically punching myself in the face. Last night my ex-boyfriend and (yeah, the ex-fiance guy) I came home a little tipsy from a show. He started kissing me and taking my clothes off and we started to fool around. Well, stupid action number 1 is that I let him perform oral sex on me unprotected. In my drunk mind my reasoning was I had a negative STI screening 6 months ago and have been monogamous (we just broke up. I haven't slept with anyone else yet) for....about a year and a half. I know my reasoning had holes in it, but I was having trouble thinking straight for obvious reasons. Stupid action number 2 is that after we tried to have sex because I stopped him (I knew since we just broke up sex would complicate things) he took off the condom but kept "poking" me anyway and I believe even touched my entrance a couple times. So in summary, here are the things I'm worried about: is he at high risk for developing an STI, and do I need to get EC because the tip of his unprotected penis touched my unprotected vulva?

Aside from the "emergencies" I'm worried about, I'm very mad at him and myself. I feel like I've damaged myself and what sucks is that I let it happen. I'm VERY mad at him because throughout this whole thing I was protesting pretty vocally, but since he has no regard for boundaries (and probably hoped to get away with it because I was drunk) it happened anyway. I mean physically, I guess I was enjoying it, but the physical pleasure was NOT NOT NOT happening in a way that I wanted it to. I didn't feel safe because I kept saying no but he kept doing it anyway, I didn't feel safe because we didn't use a barrier for oral sex or for the little unprotected genital contact we had.

In short, I feel like an idiot but please tell me if there is risk for an emergency I need to deal with. Thanks.

--------------------
"It's better to die on your feet than live down on your knees"

Posts: 117 | From: SLC, UT | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't beat yourself up. In the long run, it won't help you too much.

You said you had a negative STD screening six months ago? If this is true, chances are you won't pass anything onto him. We don't know anything, however, about his past since you broke up. So I'd suggest scheduling another screening in a couple weeks.

As for the pregnancy risk, if you feel that at any point his genitals came in contact with yours, and there was no condom, I'd get EC ASAP. We can't know for sure, as you aren't sure yourself, but any unprotected genital-to-genital contact can create a pregnancy risk.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but blaming yourself isn't going to do anything constructive. Yes, you were a little drunk, but taking advantage of someone like this when they are protesting and saying no borders on sexual assault, even if it wasn't violent.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallchild
Activist
Member # 28780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fallchild         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly? I'm very scared of taking EC because of the possible side effects (I just went on the Planned Parenthood website). I know it's all for the best but I'm still freaked out.

This is NOT how I wanted this day to go at all. My birthday party is today. I'm just feeling really angry.

--------------------
"It's better to die on your feet than live down on your knees"

Posts: 117 | From: SLC, UT | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand you're freaked out: however, keep in mind that very rarely are the side effects of EC serious. EC is very safe, and very effective, but it needs to be taken as soon as possible.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.