Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » late period question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: late period question
cosmo06
Neophyte
Member # 36208

Icon 5 posted      Profile for cosmo06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if your period skipped a month and you know your not pregnant, how long can it take for your body to have another period? is it going to wait until the regular time in the next month or is it just going to come when it wants to?
Posts: 15 | From: usa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's tough to say.

Sometimes, women just skip (possibly because you also skipped ovulation, possibly because you had a hormonal change that cycle, possibly because you're undereating, etc.), and other times, you'll just get the period late, or spot a bit in the next month and get your following period on time, or get your period on time, or you might be having a change in your cycle altogether and start a differently-timed cycle.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cosmo06
Neophyte
Member # 36208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cosmo06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i have one last question.....now im noticing vaginal discharge. it doesnt smell or anything and its of normal color....but it keeps coming! is this me ovulating or should i take another pregnancy test?
Posts: 15 | From: usa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible it could be ovulation--it's normal to often notice an increase in your vaginal discharge around that time--but there is no way to tell just by looking at your discharge whether or not that's really ovulation you're looking at, unless you are using the fertility awereness method (FAM) and charting your basal temperature and your cervical mucus pattern.

But, it's possible that it is also just you who is starting to notice your vaginal discharge more now given you are worried.

You talked about taking a pregnancy test, did you have any pregnancy risk, any unprotected sex whatsoever ?

[ 12-29-2007, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cosmo06
Neophyte
Member # 36208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cosmo06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i messed around but no vaginal sex
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you have any unprotected genital contact? Precum can contain sperm, so was there any contact with precum near your vagina?

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, no vulval contact whatsoever with male genitals or semen? If not, there is just no reason to be concerned about pregnancy or to take a pregnancy test.

It may well be that until you had this worry, you just weren't that observant about your vaginal discharges during every phase of your cycles. But if you continue to have worries about discharges, just ask your gynecologist or sexual health clinic to have a look.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cosmo06
Neophyte
Member # 36208

i didnt have genital contact. the only thing i can think of is if i touched his precum and later on maybe touched my areas using the bathroom or something
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Your fingers would have to be litterally dripping with semen for there to present a viable pregnancy risk.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.