Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » late period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: late period
cosmo06
Neophyte
Member # 36208

Icon 9 posted      Profile for cosmo06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my last period was nov 14. i have not had intercourse but my boyfriend and i do mess around a little bit of course. i cant recall anytime where his cum or precum could have been near my vaginal areas. so i really dont think im pregnant but the thought of a late period scares me in that direction. a couple of weeks ago i did some sit-ups and a couple days after i was very sore in my bladder and uterine areas. i also pressed down on that area and i feel a little tenderness on my right side. i also have lower back pains. i also was stressing over finals recently and my schedule has changed. i dont know what to do i really dont want to have a baby.
Posts: 15 | From: usa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Your late period could be due to the stress you've been experiencing lately especially if you haven't had any pregnancy risk to begin with. Other possible causes of a late period are described here .

What I would suggest to ease your worries is to take a pregnancy test which you can do now given your period is already late.

Per the soreness you experienced after you exercised few weeks ago, has it come back to normal now ? If not, then you might want to get this checkout by a doctor and, depending on how long you've had your back pain (if it's been going on for weeks or more), you might also want to get that checkout as well by a GP.

[ 12-23-2007, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you haven't had a risk, really, you shouldn't worry yourself.

Chances are, nothing you've experienced so far (the back pain, sore stomach area) has anything to do with pregnancy. Stress, changes in your daily routine/life can cause changes in your body which can lead to delayed periods.

It is totally normal, when you don't want to become pregnant, to worry about that risk; in that light, having a late period can be very frightening. If you are terribly concerned, you can buy a pregnancy test, but I don't think it's necessary. Try to relax, OK?

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cosmo06
Neophyte
Member # 36208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cosmo06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is it possible that i pulled something down there?
Posts: 15 | From: usa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

It's possible during exercising that you pulled a muscle which could have explained the pain you experienced but that very likely doesn't explain your late period.

[ 12-23-2007, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cosmo06
Neophyte
Member # 36208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cosmo06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it feels like its trying to come on but it just wont
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

What do you mean exactly by that ?

[ 12-23-2007, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

cosmo06
Neophyte
Member # 36208

i feel like im trying to have cramping but nothing will happen. i feel a little tenderness on the right side of my reproductive area when i press on it a little?
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Then, it's possible that it might just be your period coming up shortly. You can either wait to see or if you are too worried, then you can take a pregnancy test as suggested to ease your worries. How does that sound ?

--------------------

cosmo06
Neophyte
Member # 36208

i think thats the only way ill be able to stop worrying thanks
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

NP. You're welcome. :)

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.