Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Cloudy Urine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cloudy Urine
Tokidoki5
Neophyte
Member # 36152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tokidoki5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a yeast infection almost two weeks ago. I never had one before, so I went to Planned Parenthood and they checked it out and confirmed it was a yeast infection and gave me a 3 day prescription for Terconazole Vag .8% Taro. I finished it up and most of my symptoms cleared up except I still have a little burning discomfort when I urinate (though nowhere near as bad as before I used the medication).

While I was using the cream, my urine was a bit oily, which I assumed was from the medicine, and more of a cloudy white. Now that the treatment is over, my urine is still cloudy and when I thought back I realized it hasn't had a yellow color since pre yeast infection. I've had a UTI once, and it isn't the same type of symptoms. I can still urinate a normal amount, I'm just concerned about it not being the slightest bit yellow. Everything that google turned up when I looked it up didn't list it as a symptom or side affect of a yeast infection.

I'm slammed at work right now and unless I take off, I won't be able to go to a doctor until Saturday at the earliest. If it's something serious like a kidney infection, would it be a really bad idea to wait until then, bringing it up to almost three weeks since it started? I do have slight cramping on my left side, although it is pretty moderate and not sharp. I can't call the doctor at Planned Parenthood that treated me because its only open while I'm at work, and this isn't necessarily a call I can make from my desk.

Posts: 1 | From: Utah | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you're going to have to find a way to make that call. Do you get breaks or lunch?

The bottom line is, they just saw you in person and they're the ones who prescribed you the medication. They're in the best position to know what's going on and you definitely need to know.

--------------------
“I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns.” --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.