Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Help... I need help.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help... I need help.
itjuzhappened
Neophyte
Member # 35881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for itjuzhappened     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.. Im afraid of what Im experiencing now, I get this white secret coming out of my vagina more than I used to. And there are these sores appearing outside on my genital parts. I discussed it with my Bf but he said it just might be a virus, coz we had flu at the time we were into each other. He was putting his fingers and licking and we haven't had intercourse, so we thought of that. And he's my first sexual partner and doesn't have any history of STD. PLease help me... I need your advice. Thanks...

--------------------
xxx

Posts: 4 | From: Germany.... | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
White discharge is pretty normal, even if it's in larger amounts than you're used to seeing. If it turns green or dark yellow, or has a fishy odor, you may have an infection, which is something to worry about. Otherwise, this is fine.

The sores, on the other hand, indicate an STI, the most likely being genital herpes. Do not let your partner come in contact with them - which means abstaining from oral and manual sex - until you can get yourself to a doctor or clinic and get tested/looked at.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
itjuzhappened
Neophyte
Member # 35881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for itjuzhappened     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there no possibility that the virus from the flu might be the coz of the sores?? coz we had been there with our fingers and genital parts are so vulnerable with this kind of viruses.
Also, he does not have any kind of STDs, never.

Thanks for the advice.

--------------------
xxx

Posts: 4 | From: Germany.... | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has he been tested for STI's? Even if he had never been in sexual contact with anyone else, some STIs are transmitted in other ways. Oral herpes, for example (cold sores) can be passed from a grandmother to a grandchild through a kiss, or from sharing drinks with someone who has them. So unless he has the results of his latest STI screen in hand, you can't really trust that he has none.

And If you have open sores, It is very important for you to get them checked out as soon as possible. It would make it much easier for the doctor to verify what they are, and prescribe the right course of action to help resolve them.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(To, just to make sure we're clear here, the flu does not transfer to the genitals at all, so you can rule that out as the cause of these sores. It's far more likely you're looking at a potential STI here.)

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.