Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » freaky nipple after wearing this certain bra...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: freaky nipple after wearing this certain bra...
shroomroom
Activist
Member # 29469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shroomroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there was a bra that i had not worn for a while in my bathroom floor. let me say that a while back i was dying my hair in this bathroom and i know some of it got on my clothes and stained them. maybe some got on this bra. well, i decided to wear it the other day and it was fine for a while but it kept rubbing against me weird and made my nipple sore. later on it got worse, but there was not much i could do until after school. i looked at it, and the nipple (not any skin around it) was red and puffy and sore. after school i changed bras and it stopped being puffy and sore but was still red. the next day or too i didn't pay any attention to it, but today, it looks really small and it was peeling! i peeled off everything i could and now its just really tickilish and itchy in my bra. the other (right) nipple was not affected at all. what should i do?
Posts: 56 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds as though your nipple simply got chaffed. The best thing to do is keep is clean and moisturised, until it fully heals. Don't pick at it, and perhaps wear a band-aid over it so that your bras don't continue to irritate it.

It is going to itch, until it's more healed, but as long as you try to keep it moisturised and not dried out, it should help. If it isn;t better withing a few days, or if it gets worse, then perhaps a call to your doctor may be in order. But really, I don't think you have anythign to worry about. [Smile]

[ 12-15-2007, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: asargent42 ]

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.