Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnant
Bird36459
Neophyte
Member # 35332

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Bird36459     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Icould be pregnant please help. I need to know what to exepect and ow should I tell my mom? [Frown]

--------------------
EMI

Posts: 10 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll be able to help you better with a few more details...

Are you referring to the risk you mentioned about a month ago when the condom broke? If so, did you go get Emergency Contraception?

Have you missed a period since?

Hang in there. We'll help as best we can.

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twistties
Neophyte
Member # 36119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twistties     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I slept with someone missed my period that month. I took 3 tests they all told me i am pregnant, so i went home and told my family. In the mean time i lost the relationship i had with that person and reconnected with an old flame. I had sex with him four weeks after being pregnant. Is there any way that the second person could be the father?
Posts: 2 | From: PA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twistties
Neophyte
Member # 36119

Icon 5 posted      Profile for twistties     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I slept with someone missed my period that month. I took 3 tests they all told me i am pregnant, so i went home and told my family. In the mean time i lost the relationship i had with that person and reconnected with an old flame. I had sex with him four weeks after being pregnant. Is there any way that the second person could be the father?
Posts: 2 | From: PA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next time you post, you need to make your own thread. You can do this by pressing 'new topic' instead of 'post reply'.

As for your question ... There is NO WAY the second man could be the biological father. You were already pregnant from intercourse with the first man; you can't get pregnant with someone else when you're already pregnant.

That all said, there is no one to say who can or cannot be a 'father' in other ways. Biologically it is not possible for your current partner to be the father of this baby, but there is more to being a father than biology.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bird36459
Neophyte
Member # 35332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bird36459     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got tired of waiting to see if I was or not so I went to the drug store and got a ppt and it showed up negative but is there any way it could be wrong.

--------------------
EMI

Posts: 10 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, pregnancy tests are pretty reliable. If it's been more than ten days since the risk, it would have picked up on a pregnancy if you were pregnant. So, you can stop worrying now. [Smile]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9177 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.