Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » scared plz help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scared plz help
stressed8689
Neophyte
Member # 36053

Icon 11 posted      Profile for stressed8689         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi! I'm new here & really need advice and your site has been answering a lot of my questions and put my mind at ease a little but I need some direct advie. Ok on november 11 me and my bf of 3 yrs had sex (not the first time) I have a pretty irregular period. In september I got in on the 5th and october I got in on the 15 th november 5 th came nd nothing.then on the 11th we had sex. November 15 th came and nothing. On the 19th I had spotting. Very dark,almost like dry blood then the next day it was very lite nd stopped. We used a condom as we do everytime and he pulled out b4 he ejaculated and check the condom for any small holes. No breaks or anything. Now its december 6 still no period just that wierd bleeding for 2 days. I took 4 first response pregnancy tests all negative. I took one on november 21 one on november 23 one on november 30th nd 1 on december first. All negative. I've been having wierd cramps some pre period type cramps nd stomach pain. I am so stressed out please help asap thnk you so much
Posts: 9 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honey, you are SO not pregnant. Really.

You have had four pregnancy tests, all negative. And you were using a reliable method of birth control properly, so did not likely have a risk in the first place.

How long have you had your period, and how long has it been irregular for? When was your last GYN exam and general checkup with your regular doctor? Sounds to me like those are the things to check in with just to find out what the deal is with your irregularity and stomach cramps, bot worrying about pregnancy.

At the very least, quit worrying now: that may well be some of why you don't feel so well.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68006 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stressed8689
Neophyte
Member # 36053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stressed8689         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
umm I've had my period for about 5 or 6 years. Its always been pretty irregular maybe 2 months in a row ill get it on the same day and then the following month I won't. So then what do you think that wierd bleeding was about for two days I was soo scared bc I thought it was implantation bleeding. And ever since then I've had these stomach pains and what feels like pre period cramps. So where's my period I'm so scared. Its december so if I don't get it this month then I missed 2 periods. I can't tell my doctord cause I can't tell my mom! Thnks soooo much when I read the first sentence u wrote I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders!!
Posts: 9 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, it doesn't sound like your irregular periods have anything to do with being sexually active. It's perfectly reasonable to want to go to the doctor and get that checked out just to make sure everything is okay -- have you tried approaching your mom from that angle? (By the way, your doctor is obligated to preserve your privacy.)

Something else to keep in mind, the gynecologist isn't just for women who are having sex: every menstruating woman needs one. In the meantime The Cycles Page can help you track your periods. You might be able to find some sort of pattern but if not that information could be helpful when you do go to the gyne.

These articles may be helpful as well:
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?
Your First Gynecologist Visit

--------------------
“I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns.” --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stressed8689
Neophyte
Member # 36053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stressed8689         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okk thnks for your help but what would you say that bleeding was all about? So you really don't think I'm pg and idk if its psychological but I feel like my stomach is getting hard. I've also been urinating alot
stressed8689
Neophyte
Member # 36053

Okk thnks for your help but what would you say that bleeding was all about? So you really don't think I'm pg and idk if its psychological but I feel like my stomach is getting hard. I've also been urinating alot
stressed8689
Neophyte
Member # 36053

stressed8689
Neophyte
Member # 36053

OMG I'M SO SORRY ABOUT ALL THE SAME POSTS I KNO YOU GUYS HAVE STRICT RULES ABOUT THAT!! I was having problems with my computer and it sent like 3 posts sorry
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(It's okay; we can usually tell when someone's got a computer glitch going on, and it happens to us all. [Smile] )

We couldn't really tell you what's making your periods irregular; there are a lot of things that can affect it, ranging from diet changes to stress to illnesses, and this is why Jill recommended you see a gyn to get things checked out. (Which may not be a bad idea, if you're frequently urinating and getting stomach pains right now, you may have a UTI or something brewing anyway.)

You're not pregnant; if you're really worried, you can always take a test just to ease your mind.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stressed8689
Neophyte
Member # 36053

Okk thnks so much I guess its the stress I had a throat infection around the time I was supposed to get my period so I was on antibiotics plus stressed about by period being late && depressed cuz that time made a year since my grandma paaed away soo I guess all these factors played a role I just hope I get my period this month! Thnks for everything u guys are great!!
stressed8689
Neophyte
Member # 36053

hey I know you already gave me some advice but its december 12 i should be getting my period on the 15th but i do not have signifigant symptoms that I'm getting my period. It may be psychological but I feel like my stomach is getting herder and bigger!! the only signs i have my period is coming is some cramps and a pimple. But I also have stomach pains? maybe its in my head . Do you think that 2 days of bleeding in november I mentioned in my previous posts was implantation bleeding? Please I'm so scared I don't know what to do. I took another hpt still negative . That made 5!! Could they all be wrong its been long enough yesterday made a month since i had sex.
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetie, even if you were pregnant, your stomach would not be harder or bigger yet. And implantation bleeding, when it does happen, is really light.

Antibiotics and stress can definitely be havoc on your cycle. You haven't really had a pregnancy risk here and you've had multiple negative pregnancy tests...you are not pregnant.

You've got to relax about this and let it go. The more stressing you do about this, the worse it's likely making the problem.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stressed8689
Neophyte
Member # 36053

Thank you soo much you guys are amazing and sooo reassuringgg!! I have my normal pre period cramps so hopefully its coming anyday now!! Thnks soooo muchhhhhh =))))

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.