Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Possible Pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible Pregnancy?
samwise
Neophyte
Member # 35323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samwise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and I were having protected sex, I ejaculated into the condom, we replaced the condom with a new one and continued to have sex.

When I was taking the condom off, obviously I had a combination of fluids on my hand from the condom (her fluids, mine, the lubrication from the condom, etc.) After we tried to have sex after I ejaculated, we both realized that my "equipment" was not going to be operational for a while. We tried for about 10 minutes. So we decided to engage in manual stimulation i.e. I fingered her.

She is on the pill but she did miss her pill the day before this incident. She has made it up and is back on schedule and has a very regular period.

Is it possible that the fluids on my hands may have contained sperm and my finger penetrating her may have impregnated her?

I guess my next question is should she take the morning after pill? We are within the 72 hour range yet and I don't want to be late.

Thank you

[ 11-29-2007, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: samwise ]

Posts: 3 | From: SWMN | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long as she been taking the pill? If she's been taking it for a few months or more, and has been very good about taking each pill on time, than 1 missed pill will not affect her protection, and EC would not be necessary, regadless of whether ejaculate got onto your hand.

Depending on the answer to the above question, you really don't have a pregnancy risk; unless you dumped the contents of the condom onto your hand, the fact that you took it off wouldn't matter too much here.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samwise
Neophyte
Member # 35323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samwise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think she's been on the pill for a number of years now but that still hasn't stopped her from worrying, and her worrying has gotten me worried so we were just looking for some answers. It was scary because I seemed to know more about her pills than she did and I don't know much of anything AT ALL [Smile]

Regardless, we've gotten all kinds of advice from all sorts of people and no one has suggested EC. Not even you guys at Scarlet and I've never been steered wrong here!

Thank you guys so much! You really do a great job. We undereducated, inexperienced, overly hormonal newbies at sex REALLY appreciate all the work that you do for us.

Thanks again,
A Member for Life

Posts: 3 | From: SWMN | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.