Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » feeling low

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: feeling low
wtfisaitsugawa
Neophyte
Member # 35907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtfisaitsugawa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've been feeling low about the fact that a lot of girls want a big tool.

What is big?

Posts: 1 | From: from the west side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, to start, size really doesn't matter. Honestly. I know you've heard it said a million times, but it's true. It's really all about your attitude rather than your actual measurements, too!

Why don't you check out this article:
Vagzilla! (Or, All Genitals Great and Small)

There's a lot in there that's relevant to your question, specifically this section:

quote:
The Penis: The average range with penis length is between 5 and 7 inches, and the average girth (the distance around) is around 4 inches. Studies often show that the deviation between sizes, on average, is just around one inch. We see far greater variation in the size of flaccid penises than we do in erect penises. Penis averages are always a bit suspect, mind, because the men who volunteer for them are usually aware of what the study is, so guys who feel like they don't have anything to brag about are less inclined to show up to be measured than those who do. In checking my homework here, I also found references stating that at around nine inches of length is the point at which, for women who engage in heterosexual intercourse, most women will experience discomfort. So that guy with the seven-inch penis saying it's nine with the idea it'll impress a woman may find that with a savvy chick, that's not always an enticement.

But since we've got to hear again and again from men (and even their female partners sometimes) overstating penis length, you'll note that in the graphical comparison above, I went ahead and even included a "larger" penis size that really isn't very common.

(And just for the record, most of the studies on penis size done these days are being done by condom companies, so their work is actually meaningful and important. This is the lone practical need to know anyone's penis size. Of course, more study on women's bodies is also important for any number of reasons, but it's still mighty slow going.)

You may also find this useful:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/im_20_will_my_penis_grow_more

[And in the future, please try to post in a more appropriate forum- this isn't at all an emergency or crisis. [Smile] ]

[ 11-25-2007, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Leabug ]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Thatgirl, this area is for staff and volunteer responses only. Too, the point here is that opinions on size are very arbitrary- some people may have preferences, yes, but in general it really does not matter.]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.