Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I could use some peace of mind

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I could use some peace of mind
swerve
Neophyte
Member # 35648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swerve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And maybe some advice.

My girlfriend of two years recently moved in with me. Not to give you her life story, but she's had a rough life and my parents offered to let her come stay with us until she and I graduate from high school.

Tonight, we were fooling around a bit in bed. No intercourse whatsoever, but she did masturbate me and I did orgasm. I wiped up the semen and went to clean my hands off. I used soap thoroughly, but forgot to use water. Then I came back and rubbed around her vulva, but did not insert my fingers in her, for a little bit. Only after we stopped did it hit me, "Oh my God, I just did something really stupid."

She's not very stressed, but I'm very panicky about things and I'm very worried that something bad (pregnancy - at least for us, it would be bad. Very bad) might come of this.

I read through the pregnancy guide on Scarleteen and the odds of her becoming pregnant are incredibly small as best I can tell. Still, some reassurance and advice would be nice. Should we look at emergency contraceptives? I feel like I should at least talk to my mother about this. She offered my girlfriend birth control for when we felt like we were ready to have sex, but we didn't take her up on it because we didn't feel like we were ready to actually have sex yet.

So right now, I basically feel like an idiot who's let my girlfriend down. Any thoughts? Apologies if this isn't the appropriate forum.

Posts: 8 | From: Colorado | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am unclear on how you cleaned your hands. Did you use some sort of hand sanitizer? If so, you have no risk of pregnancy and do not need to use emergency contraception.

In the future, using gloves for manual sex makes it easier to keep fluids where you want them. It might also be a good idea to keep a few condoms and some lube on hand as well. Sometimes it's easier to get carried away than we'd like it to be so why not be prepared?

By the way, your mom sounds pretty cool. [Smile]

--------------------
“I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns.” --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swerve
Neophyte
Member # 35648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swerve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I used a liquid hand soap. And thanks for the suggestion. [Smile]
Posts: 8 | From: Colorado | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.