Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I don't think I have much of a risk, but...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't think I have much of a risk, but...
enjoy86
Neophyte
Member # 35639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for enjoy86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last day of my last period was October 20th. I had sex on October 26th, we used a condom but it slipped off before he ejaculated. I had Plan B at home, and I took it within 2 hours after my risk. I also have a pregnancy test that I will take around two weeks after my risk happened. I am a very big worrier and I am nervous that I may end up pregnant anyway. How much more effective is Plan B if it's taken within 24 hours or less after the risk?
Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Progestin-only emergency contraceptives like Plan B can reduce the risk of pregnancy by up to 95% when taken within 24 hours of the incident. The figures are closer to 89% within the first 72 hours.

So, you've had a relatively low risk. Breathe easy, relax, and wait until you can test. Don't sweat it until you know it's a problem, and reassure yourself that it's probably not. [Smile]

[ 11-01-2007, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.