Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » blood in discharge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: blood in discharge
0Boyfriend0
Neophyte
Member # 35629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0Boyfriend0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend and I have been experimenting in the last year with each other. We have yet to have gone past manual and oral. We normaly engage in these activitys after her period because that is the time she is most often in the mood.

She has an abnormal flow with her period from what I understand. She went to a gyno about it and was told it is most likly caused due to a small opening in her hymen but she was unable to get examaned by the gyno because she freaks out if anyone goes near that area but me. There is a very strong chance she has Vaginismus, she has all the signs of it and from stuff she has told me she has always had a great fear of damaging herself from a very early age which i belive has lead to this. It gets very frustrating to me sometimes because of it but I love her so I realy dont mind at all. I have been helping her become more comfitible with contact in that area because she realy wants to be able to use a tampon but she cant even get the smallest size in past 1/2 an inch, Though I have been able to after geting her comftible enough to get a smaller finger in up to 1 inch.

Btw I think I forgot to include that her flow of her period tends to be in kinda clots as she calls it and not a continous flow. From what the gyno said to her it seems women with small hymen openings have this problem.

She has been realy worryed latly, though it has happened other times, that the next day after we engage in manuel she has spoting, not dark, just a little bit of pink, sometimes more than others. This realy worries her. I think its just late discharge form her period due to her relaxing during our activitys because she has had her period kinda trick her before and almost stop for a day with just a little discharge then start back the next day due to the cloting I gess is why.

Anyways is it normal to have spotting a day or so after engaging in manuel a day or two after the period is supose to be finished and belived to be? And could her hymen being so intact be leading to this since we are trying to get her able to use a tampon by incerting 1 finger slowly in and very gently and carefuly over a few months taking it step by step till she is able to use a tampon?

Posts: 1 | From: US | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If her hymen were blocking her menstrual flow in any manner, it would not be possible to insert anything, and she would be in a significant amount of pain from the flow being trapped.

The best thing to do right now is to avoid any sexual activities that cause her to tense or fear pain; vaginismus, when present, worsens each time to body "confirms" penetration is something to be mindful of and prevent. Once the underlying cause of the vaginismus is treated, she can slowly begin the exposure therapy necessary to treat it.

I'd recommend she seek the advice of another gynecologist who will examine her hymen, be willing to incise/remove it if its causing her trouble, and address her other problems.

[ 10-31-2007, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.