Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » is this normal??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is this normal??
MargieLeigh1992
Neophyte
Member # 35619

Icon 5 posted      Profile for MargieLeigh1992     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok well on friday my boyfriend came over and things got a little carried away and he fingered me. Everything was fine after that but then yesterday (monday) i got my period...which wasn't due for 10 more days. And yesterday i also noticed my throat was bothering me a little bit...but i tend to get strep throat a lot, so it could jsut be that. But i'm really concerned i have an std? or something wrong with my body. are these things just coincidental, and am i getting worried over nothing? please help
Posts: 8 | From: Vermont | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MargieLeigh1992
Neophyte
Member # 35619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MargieLeigh1992     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm scared that this might be chlamydia is that possible? because i was reading the std cliff notes from your site and it says that bleeding from the vagina as well as a sore throat are symptoms...could i be bleeding from my vagina and just think its my period? and the sore throat? is that because i could have chlamydia? I dont even think this is possible because i did not perform oral sex on him, although he did one me for about 10 seconds.

p.s. sorry for the double post i just thought i should add that information

Posts: 8 | From: Vermont | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even if you had contracted Chlamydia orally, you'd not be having genital symptoms. And Chlamydia can't be contracted just through manual sex.

The sore throat is likely just do to a cold or some other kind of virus or issue that has nothing to do with sex.

Per the bleeding, is it like a menstrual period per how heavy it is? Are your periods usually regular?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68230 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MargieLeigh1992
Neophyte
Member # 35619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MargieLeigh1992     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well my boyfriend did perform oral sex on me, but not even for 10 seconds. can i get chlamydia from this?

and the bleeding is maybe just a little heavier than my normal periods. but they're usually on time. I have only had my period for about 2.5 years now, and i know that the cycle can change often, but mine usually doesnt...its usually within 2 or 3 days of the last period.

am i just getting paranoid over this whole situation?

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless he has oral chlamydia right now, no.

You say that during the manual sex, everything felt good to you? You didn't have any discomfort or pain?

If not, then it's sounding like your period just came a little earlier than you were expecting. Too, do make sure you're counting your cycles correctly: sometimes people look at dates, rather than counting the actual number of days in each cycle, and if you do the former, then every now and then, you will be seeing a period occur on a very different date than before, simply because the number of days in a calendar month isn't regular, even when cycles are.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68230 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MargieLeigh1992
Neophyte
Member # 35619

is oral chlamydia a different thing than just chlamydia?

and during the manual sex everything felt good...nothing was painful it was just a little tight thats all. but it was my first time so im pretty sure that was the reason why.

And i was only looking at the dates, not the actual days in each cycle, so maybe that was the reason i wasnt expecting my period so soon.

MargieLeigh1992
Neophyte
Member # 35619

i just calculated the days in my cycle and i was due to get my period a little earlier than i had assumed anyway...the 1st of 2nd of november. So my period just came a few days early which is normal right? my flow is a little heavier than usual is that also normal?

maybe im just getting paranoid, but this whole sex scene has really freaked me out. i really dont want to contract an std. I'm not sure if my boyfriend has one or not...i know he has been with one other girl before me, which increases my chances of getting an std.

i'm also feeling a little under the weather...mainly because of my sore throat...i feel like i'm getting strep throat, which i know the feeling well because i get it often in the winter time.

I think i might just be getting paranoid and linking all of these things together does that seem like a posibility? from what i've told you does there seem to be a high std risk for me here? i really hope not. =( thanks in advance for all of your help this site is amazing.

Heather
Member # 3

Sounds normal to me.

Just for future reference though? There's just no need to gamble with STIs. You can always choose to abstain from sex, and if you don't choose that, using safer sex practices really does reduce risks substantially. With manual sex, that'd be handwashing or latex gloves, and with oral sex, condoms for him, dental dams for you. And when you're this freaked out, these are things to talk with with a partner in advance, during and after, whenever you need, okay?

Manual sex can create some STI risks, but not many. Unprotected oral sex presents more risks, but in either case, not knowing your STI status or your partner's per testing, it's hard to say how much of a risk that is.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

MargieLeigh1992
Neophyte
Member # 35619

i have and will talk to my boyfriend about this in the future. i think i'm going to abstain from sex for a while at least...just because this was a huge step for me and i get slightly paranoid about things.

heather, thank you so much for your help you really reassured me. I was pretty sure that my early period and being a little sick were two things completely unrelated to sex, but i just needed an extra reassurance.

ok so just to recap...i shouldnt be worried of having an sti just because my period is a little early and heavy?

and i know that i have no STIs because i have never engaged in any sex before my current boyfriend.

once again, thanks so much for your help i was in a panic before...i could barely concentrate when i read that symptoms of chlymidia was bleeding...being that i got my period so early i thought it was that. but thank you for showing me that i was wrong and didn't calculate my cycle correctly.

this site is amazing its good to know i have a place to go when i need answers =)

[ 10-30-2007, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: MargieLeigh1992 ]

MargieLeigh1992
Neophyte
Member # 35619

ok just to recap...this early heavy bleeding is from my period? and not abnormal bleeding due to contracting some sort of sti?
Heather
Member # 3

Again, if you have had unprotected oral sex, we can't say you have not had STI risks. Same with any manual sex.

However, the STIs most commonly associated with those would not be causing vaginal bleeding right now, and from the sounds of things, this is your period, just showing up a day or two early.

By all means, even without any issues, you should be sure you're up-to-date with your yearly GYN exams. if you haven't started those yet, this would be the time to start, and you could certainly ask about this there and get any STI screenings you may need.

But I'm willing to bet that when it comes to the bleeding, you have no cause for alarm or worry. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

MargieLeigh1992
Neophyte
Member # 35619

thank you so much heather..this website is amazing. the next time that i go to my physician i am going to get an sti screening.

but as of right now you really set my mind to ease about the bleeding. i was very nervous for a while. now i can go out and actually enjoy my halloween without freaking out because of the bleeding i thought came from an sti. thanks again heather =)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.