Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Stressed duede

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stressed duede
dude86
Neophyte
Member # 35564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dude86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me and my girlfriend have been going out for 4 years now, she and I are 21. For the entire 4 years she has never had a late period. Never, end of story. Untill this month. She says it comes between 20 and 30 days and it is 38 days now and it still has not come. We do not engage in sex, shes still a virgin when it comes to intercores. Last month, I gave her oral, but it came on time just a ususal. This month though, she has been under huge amounts of stress from taking on more activities in college, and it has stressed her out consiterably. also, her sleep schedule was broken from in bed and asleep at 11 to 11 30 to 12 to 1 30. She also has exercised about 3 weeks this month straight. I love her and i would do anything for her. shes not worried, saying she still feels the cramps and backpain and headaches she gets when pmsing. Should I buy a pregancy test for her, or do these things just happen. Like i said eairler, we have not had intercoures EVER! this has stressed me out, please help me
Posts: 8 | From: south carolina | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you had any unprotected genital contact at all? If not, then it doesn't sound like you've had a pregnancy risk at all.

There are lots of things that can make a girl's period come late, or can even make her skip it entirely. The body looks for the best conditions to ovulate, so things such as stress, messed up sleep schedules, and lots of unusual exercise can cause the body's schedule to go a little wonky. Check out this article if you want more info: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dude86
Neophyte
Member # 35564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dude86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, we have had no unprotected genital contact at all, I mean, it might be a little sad, but we have not even had time to kiss with both our work loads. Like I said the last time we had intimate contact it was last month when I gave her oral, and i washed my hands twice before and we both wash our hands afterwards.
Posts: 8 | From: south carolina | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just asking to be sure! [Smile] You two then definately did not have a pregnancy risk, therefore you have no need to be concerned that she may be pregnant. She's likely just experiencing a bit of period wonkiness- so you can stop stressing, go relax and give yourself a treat to calm down, okay? [Smile]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dude86
Neophyte
Member # 35564

thank you for the help, yeah she says im kinda a worry wort. [Smile] thanks again.
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(By the way, a period that comes every 20-30 days isn't terribly regular. That's nothing to worry about but it's worth keeping in mind when things like this happen.)

--------------------
“I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns.” --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.