Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Condom slipped off

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condom slipped off
Jneedshelp
Neophyte
Member # 19275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jneedshelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question

I just had anal sex with my boyfriend and the condom slipped off. Most of it went on the bed. I'm wondering if there is a pregnancy risk here. Please help!

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jneedshelp
Neophyte
Member # 19275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jneedshelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, I am on Alesse. I have my period, am on about the 4th day. Not sure if there is less of a pregnancy risk then. I've been taking the pill every day, around the same time but sometimes out of the three hour time frame, but not by much
Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because you're taking hormonal birth control (as long as you're not consistently taking the pills erratically, taking one a few ours later than normal every now and again shouldn't lessen their effectiveness), this situation wouldn't have presented a pregnancy risk.

It could have presented a risk for STI transmission, though, so if you and your boyfriend haven't had a full STI screening recently, you'll want to both schedule those.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since you're on the birth control pill, your pregnancy risk is very low to nill.

As has been recommended to you before, though, STI's are a concern if you and your partner haven't been screened prior. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jneedshelp
Neophyte
Member # 19275

I am supposed to take them in the 3-9 window, and usually I try to, but probably a week ago i was late taking them and such, but never missed a day... I've taken emergecny contraception twice before, and dont know if i should do it again [Frown]
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hun, a late or missed pill once in awhile will not significantly skew your protection. Most pill packets will only advise a need for backup birth control if you've missed two pills in a row.

A pill is only missed once it is 24 hours late, and you'd need to do this twice in a row to compromise your protection. Emergency contraception is absolutely not necessary unless this has been the case. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jneedshelp
Neophyte
Member # 19275

Thanks so much!!
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

No problem! [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.