Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » confused & scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: confused & scared
puppet_head
Neophyte
Member # 35113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppet_head     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so,I had sex with my bf, stupidly i let him enter me without a condom on, he didnt ejaculate in me though, but i know i can still get preg from the pre sperm stuff, i was wondering what my chances were of being preg tho? im 5 days late for my period but did a test today and it was negative. 4 months ago i had a baby, i was really ill - had severe preeclampsia and my baby was born at 30 weeks, my body isnt still completely right from the preeclampsia, im scared im preg again and im going to have to go through all of this again.
Posts: 2 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This page on the main site will guide you through your risk level for intercourse.

Generally, you should test 14 days after the last pregnancy risk OR the first day of a missed period -- though we often recommend the first, because often young women (or, in your case, a post-natal mum) can't accurately gauge when their next period will be. If you have tested within this timeframe, you should be able to trust the results. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puppet_head
Neophyte
Member # 35113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppet_head     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still cant help worrying, how accurate are preg tests?
Posts: 2 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The most common failure is a false negative caused by testing too early. If HPT's are taken at the correct time, they are virtually foolproof. The vast majority of women who are pregnant will test positive by 14 days past ovulation/pregnancy risk.
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy tests are very accurate, you just have to follow the instructions (as Lauren mentioned, taking it about 14 days after the risk or with the first day of a missed period). You can always get two tests and use the second ones a couple of days later to double-check, if that makes you feel better about it.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome puppet_head. [Smile]

I can't add anything to what Lauren and September have already said but there do seem to be a couple of side issues here. First, are condoms the best choice of birth control right now? As you know, if you don't use them consistently, they just aren't that effective. Margaret Sanger's Disneyland: Choosing Contraceptives gives you a list of options.

Second, and more importantly [quote]stupidly i let him enter me without a condom on[/quote[ that concerns me. Safer sex is just as much his responsibility as it is yours. And when you say you let him do something that makes me wonder if he's pressuring you to have unprotected sex. If so, that's wrong, plain and simple. We're more than will to help you decide on some boundaries and then enforce those limits if that will be helpful.

--------------------
“I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns.” --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.